Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid President-In-Waiting Florentino Perez Seals Kaka Agreement

• 07-04-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Real Madrid President-In-Waiting Florentino Perez Seals Kaka Agreement With AC Milan – Report
    From the cover of Spanish sports daily ’Marca’ comes a report that could shake both AC Milan and Real Madrid to their foundations...

Florentino Perez, Kaka, and Zinedine Zidane - Marca's 'dream team' for Real Madrid this summer? (Marca)

Real Madrid president-in-waiting Florentino Perez has already sealed an agreement with AC Milan to allow star midfielder Kaka to join up with the Blancos next season, according to Marca (whose front page today is pictured).

The Madrid-based sports daily claims that Perez, who is set to win the upcoming presidential elections at the Santiago Bernabeu, agreed with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani to sign the Brazilian during a meeting on March 16.

The fee involved will be a colossal €60 million, payable over the next four years - the flagship expenditure of Perez's election campaign, which will begin in earnest in three weeks.

Missing from the accord is Kaka himself, whose own economic matters have apparently yet to be settled. However, according to Marca, these will be a mere formality as the Milan agreement was the sticking point.

So confident is the newspaper of this transfer's fruition that the front page currently displays Zinedine Zidane - a well-known Perez ally - handing his old No. 5 shirt to a smiling Kaka.

This mock-up photo is to illustrate the fact that the past Ballon d'Or winner is to seek his second World Player of the Year victory wearing the same number that saw the outgoing Fabio Cannavaro lift the award in 2006.

Despite the jubilation in Spain, though, it appears as though this transfer saga is far from complete. Adriano Galliani has moved to scotch the rumours, telling La Gazzetta dello Sport this morning, "Florentino Perez and I have set up the G14 and our rapport goes beyond football. That’s why I don’t want to stir up any controversies and I am very calm. Perez has yet to be re-elected as president at Real and can’t make any commitments.

"However, I am sure that if he really wanted to buy Kaka one day, he would come directly to me, without beating around the bush.

"Therefore, I am calm: Kaka is not for sale and Florentino will make his peace with it."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/04/07/1196063/real-madrid-president-in-waiting-florentino-perez-seals-kaka-agre

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

60million would seem quite low, considering the bid City made in the january window.

EDIT: Marca AND Goal.com reporting it, freaking certainty so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bloody hell... why does the rest of the football world have to suffer these stories every time there's an election at Real Madrid???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So, um, £60m for Kaká, how are they going to pay for Ronaldo as well?
    :rolleyes:

I think there should be an embargo on quoting both Marca and The Sun on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Des wrote: »

I think there should be an embargo on quoting both Marca and The Sun on this forum.

Exactly. Marca is Madrid's paper, it's useless trusting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Real Madrid

The lowest of the low....

couldnt give a flying fook about them tbh.

Next season they will have another new manger, a new chairman, a new president, a few more new 100 million signings.

yawnnnnnn

wouldn't mind it but they get the shoite kicked out of them by Liverpool in the CL, which is actually nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Why would they want Ronaldo????????????

Agree on the embargo though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Man, football fans really are idiots sometimes.

I know it's empty promises but surely to god the Barca and Real fans, if they had any sense, would have put a stop to this nonsense by now. I mean hearing every couple of years that you're going to sign Ronaldo, Kaka, Fabregas, Buffon and a vial of Maradonna's sperm must be as annoying for them as it is for the rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

ugh, the way the presidential campaigns work in particular at Real is so annoying. Constant claims of we'll get him piss me off so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hopefully Real Madrid spend the money on him, go bankrupt as a result and **** off out of everyones lives as a result. Horrible club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

gosplan wrote: »
    Man, football fans really are idiots sometimes.

I know it's empty promises but surely to god the Barca and Real fans, if they had any sense, would have put a stop to this nonsense by now. I mean hearing every couple of years that you're going to sign Ronaldo, Kaka, Fabregas, Buffon and a vial of Maradonna's sperm must be as annoying for them as it is for the rest of the world.

This is what happens when you have elections for a President.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

gosplan wrote: »
    a vial of Maradonna's sperm

Are they signing Aguero?

They are signing Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato and are coaxing Beckham back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

They are signing Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato and are coaxing Beckham back.

As long as they don't get Kiko...

Sven is a perfect match for Madrid

Big Galactio Club > check

Nice women > check

Loads of cash to spend > check

7 figure pay out when he is sacked > check

wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Sven is a perfect match for Madrid

Big Galactio Club > check

Nice women > check

Loads of cash to spend > check

7 figure pay out when he is sacked > check

wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there

You are unbelieveable

There's no escaping the taste...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Media hyperbole or not, Perez will almost certainly sign a player of that calibre when he returns. His record suggests he's pretty good at it - Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo all went. Then so too did David Beckham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

sky sports repoting if kaka leaves ac milan he'd like to move to the premier league

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5160854,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

sky sports repoting if kaka leaves ac milan he'd like to move to the premier league

Hasn't Kaka stated that if he was to play anywhere other than A.C it would be with Real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Marca is madrids paper but it also has favourites and Perez is one of them, they are the ones killed the previous regime.

Was hoping for ronaldo to madrid and ramos tand 60 million to united myself.

[sarcasm]these members clubs and their weird democratic ways, madness

fans cant be bought or swayed with mega stars and the promise of titles :eek::eek:[/sarcasm]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

:rolleyes:.

What are you on about? They signed Ronaldo last summer. Sure it was a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

eZe^ wrote: »
    Hasn't Kaka stated that if he was to play anywhere other than A.C it would be with Real?

no this week it was the EPL, maybe the truck full of money is playing on his mind.

Advertisement