Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rear Gate on to road, is planning required?

• 07-04-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

I have a small back road behind my back garden and I'm seriously considering putting in a gate so that I can drive my car into the garden, I have a nice large parking area here and it would be ideal for the way we have this set up?

My question is would I need planning permission to do this?

It would be a new entrance to the site.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Short answer - yes. You are opening a new entrance to a public road.

You'll have to ensure the relavent vision lines are there and maintained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

smashey wrote: »
    Short answer - yes. You are opening a new entrance to a public road.

You'll have to ensure the relavent vision lines are there and maintained.

Ok then, can you tell me how I would go about this and will it be expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Noffles wrote: »
    Ok then, can you tell me how I would go about this and will it be expensive?
    Contact a local architectural techician/technologist and they will be able to sort it for you. Price will vary depending on location as has been proven in this forum over the last couple of ears,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

smashey wrote: »
    Contact a local architectural techician/technologist and they will be able to sort it for you. Price will vary depending on location as has been proven in this forum over the last couple of ears,

Cheers I'll give one a call then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 liam300tm

Stand at the center point on where you hope to put your entrance, from the road edge step back 3meters, have you a clear view left and right for "X" meters (distance depends on Co Co) if view is horendusly obsucred by a mature tree/ bend in the road save your self the schillings and forget about it, if not start the ball rolling with your planning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement