Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Study

Options
  • 07-04-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

So hows everyones study going? Mine has yet to start :( What type of a plan/timetable are you using?

Hopefully mine from tomorrow will be

9.00-9.45 subject
    10.00-10.45 subject
    11.15-12.45 subject
    1.00 -1.45 subject
    2.45- 3.30 subject
    3.45-4.30 subject

Taking 15 mins in between each subject and then a half hour of a brake and a hour for lunch.

Studying each subject for about 45mins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Going from 2.30 - 6.30, doing 3 days of Geography and 3 days of Business, a day of Maths (which I've done), a day of English, 2 days of Physics, a day of Irish and a day of French.

Only subject I've been doing enough in up until Easter was Physics, so going to focus a bit more on Geography and Business (both Higher level) to try moving up a few grades. Other subjects I'm doing ordinary in apart from English but I'm ok with that, that's a "night before the exam" study idea.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Going from 2.30 - 6.30, doing 3 days of Geography and 3 days of Business, a day of Maths (which I've done), a day of English, 2 days of Physics, a day of Irish and a day of French.

Only subject I've been doing enough in up until Easter was Physics, so going to focus a bit more on Geography and Business (both Higher level) to try moving up a few grades. Other subjects I'm doing ordinary in apart from English but I'm ok with that, that's a "night before the exam" study idea.:cool:

Ya geography and business do take a lot of study with all the content in them. It was only after the mocks our business class learned how to structure answers and actually find out how much you need to write!

strongr wrote: »
    Ya geography and business do take a lot of study with all the content in them. It was only after the mocks our business class learned how to structure answers and actually find out how much you need to write!

Ye they do, but they're pretty handy to get high marks in though. Both have things you know will come up, the ABQ (which the same questions always come up), Waterfalls, and if your doing Global Interdepence in Geog Desertification and Global Warming are nearly always a defo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

So hows everyones study going? Mine has yet to start :( What type of a plan/timetable are you using?

Hopefully mine from tomorrow will be

9.00-9.45 subject
    10.00-10.45 subject
    11.15-12.45 subject
    1.00 -1.45 subject
    2.45- 3.30 subject
    3.45-4.30 subject

Taking 15 mins in between each subject and then a half hour of a brake and a hour for lunch.

Studying each subject for about 45mins.

i'm definately going to follow this one you have. seems good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I haven't really got a plan, I've never been good with that sort of thing. I'm just trying to get in enough of everything. 4 hours a day or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Still haven't learned how to structure answers properly and don't have a teacher anymore. :(

Did a few hours yesterday - still feel as though I got nothing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'm doing a revision course this week but I'll have to make out a study plan for next week. No idea how tbh, I've always been rubbish at this kinda thing(or basically anything to do with studying :p). I reckon I'll need longer time periods per subject than others though, it takes me a while to settle into things and if I take a break after 40-45 minutes I probbaly won't go back to it! Maybe an hour/hour and a half....

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

80 hours scheduled for easter. 17 done already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

9 - 10: Wake up
    10 - 12: Subject / 2
    12 - 1: TV
    1 - 3: Subject / 2
    3 - 6: Go out
    6 - 7: Subject
    7:30 - 8:30: Subject
    Go out for the night. :rolleyes: Just in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i've been doing mainly homework this week, a subject a day, usually takes me 2 hours then study an hour on top of that, then midway through next week when i'm finished my homework, just study from then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 GaryB

Found it really hard to get into things but think i'm back into the swing of it now...did an entire Geography paper today, following the marking scheme requirements to the letter...all the feckin writing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

80 hours scheduled for easter. 17 done already

dear god.

maybe I should make a plan. I just can't study. I did half an hour of maths yesterday and that's all I've done so far. and it was stuff I'm able to do already :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 madnesspersues

ive planned 120 hours for easter. 10 hours a day! I know ive like gone over the top but plan big and like you'll study for longer. if i get 8 hours a day done then i'd be happy. i did 9 yday and like 6 today ! lol i feel like such a nerd hahahah first time in my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

O god yere all making me feel bad! I think iv done about 2-3 hours the last 3 days, but that hasnt been studying, its all the homework weve been given for easter! Im planning to spend 1 day on each subject this week to do the homework, and then next week start studying, but im so bad at planning it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I made a plan the weeknd before the Easter holidays. Oh what a magnificent plan it was. I looked at it and though "this is a study plan worthy of a king, surely the Leaving Cert will fall like a house of cards after this study plan!"

I was halfway thruogh the first day when I realised what a fool I was when I wrote up the plan. I greatly underestimated how long it would take to study things (I thought that I could do DNA and RNA, Genetic Crosses, Variation and Evolution and the rest of the genetics chapters in one hours. ONE HOUR!)

So now I'm basically a day or two behind even with my 7 or so hours of study each day. At least I know I have my work cut out for me for when I go back, but jaysus I'm stating to feel like I've very quickly running out of time >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

8 to 12 questions from papers
    12 to 3 chill the **** out
    3 to 5 study then chill maybe another hour in night-time

Its all gay but i failed 3 mocks my business teacher is really a history teacher and we sit there talkin bout liverpool and 1916. Then my german teacher teaches us for ten minutes gives us the same homework every night more concerned with his first years. Then irish higher but i failed on purpose so she would let me drop to ordinary. So need to do everything i can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

piste i feel the exact same......
    i made out a list of things to do and sure enough 3 days in, im waaaay behind....i always underestimate the time it takes to cover things:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

so far today I've done an english paper 1.
    will do more study in a while.. my brain is fried right now, I didn't pick the paper with the best comprehensions to do, but that's better practise than doing one with ones i find easy, not gonna be able to pick them on the day.

I really should do something but I'm drastically hungover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Haven't started yet and il be away this weekend :( Hope i get going next week. I dont know how people study its so hard..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Ted Bundy wrote: »
    piste i feel the exact same......
    i made out a list of things to do and sure enough 3 days in, im waaaay behind....i always underestimate the time it takes to cover things:(

same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Does anyone else find themselves doing very little study for the subjects that they don't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Piste wrote: »
    At least I know I have my work cut out for me for when I go back, but jaysus I'm stating to feel like I've very quickly running out of time >.<

This frightens me more than anything. I was all about the 'ah sure, we've looooads of time yet'. What happened all this time? Where did it go? I need it back thank you please!
    Does anyone else find themselves doing very little study for the subjects that they don't like?

Yes. I can't bring myself to even look at Business or French. I just can't. And funnily enough, these are the two which need most work. I know this, but I still can't open the books. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

ya all the subjects i like are done, and then physics (bain of my life) is just forgotten about even though its the thing i need to work at most!:eek:

I have a page with all the subjects I'm doing. Whenever I do a half hour at one, I put a red tick. So far Maths has 15+ and English has one!

So far done notes on all the chapters in Geography (minus half the regions), 10 maths past paper questions, an English comparative. So far I'm on track to doing what I had planned, I don't buy into all this "I'll do 10 hours" trollocks, it's better to set goals and achieve them in whatever amount of time you can and want, works for me anywho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I've done nothing. I'll cram next week. It's the only way I remember this ****e anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Such a bad time to get back into Grand Theft Auto III.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Done sweet FA this week, will do more next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 essentialfrench

Start with the subject you're having difficulties with - that way - once you have that done, theres a real sense of accomplishment! Students always leave their weakest subject til the end of their study - and never get to it! At the start of your day - you're at your best so you're more focused. Finish your study day with the subject you're most comfortable with. You're tired at this point and this subject can get away with less attention. Just an idea....:) natasha, cork

Advertisement