Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Study

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

have been doing about 5 or 6 hours a day. The sooner June is over with the better

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

I tell yous the best way to get your study done. This is the way i do it..
    Wake up early around 9 or 10, do your hardest subject for around an hour or half an hour..get that over with and continue this cycle until 7 or 8 when your finished taking breaks every half hour..
    Remember that there is no point making out lists or plans. The best way is to look at the contents page and see what you know and what you don't know!..
    Take breaks...but also get the work done
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

flag123 wrote: »
    The best way is to look at the contents page and see what you know and what you don't know!..

I disagree tbh, what you think you know and what you actually know are two completely different things. You should really go over everything to refresh your head imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I just got a new laptop. damn! will be doing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i've done quite a bit of study but i have been putting off english,german and irish (all at higher level).i'm starting to get into business now.

i dont have a plan at all.i'm quite disorganised.i practically just take a random book and read it.i would be studying for about 2 hours every day but its not really intense study.i am aiming for at least 450 (if i get less than that my ma siad shes kicking me out of the house lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I study from 2 to either 5 or 6.

Always start with Bio. and then whatever I feel like doin

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

yes but I also really want to catch up on gossip girl :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

ah its so hard to study,i just get distracted so easily and then just go out or something! i did good in the mocks...like i got the course i want grrrrrrrrrrr i hate studying,and then theres people who "say" they study for 8 hours a day! thats crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    thats crazy

That's discipline. ;)

Get rid of all distractions and make out a timetable (an hour for each subject on a specific area) and stick to it. Works for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

for 8 hours? i do have a life yano;)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    for 8 hours? i do have a life yano;)

Depends on what your looking to do...If you only need from 300-400, that kind of studying is unnecessary maybe 2 or 3 hours a day, Points above that you might need to be keeping along those tracks..

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

im looking for 400 well depending on how much the points for nursing increase and i study about 6 hours a day sometimes more, i have been out of school for a few years though so maybe all you guys are more up to date with remembering what youve done last year and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

So, overall, i think i did about 44ish hours over the easter.....whats really pissing me off is that i spent 25 hours on maths :mad: and that was only on homework she gave us, exam paper questions. I didnt even do all the ones we were supposed to, i just got so sick of spending all my time at it :( about another 10 was on homework given in the other subjects, leaving me with only about 9 hours study done in the 2 weeks...f*** sake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Homework is study.

Like, what study would you be doing for maths anyway?
    Just proofs and exam papers.

At this stage the homework is fairly exam focused, possible questions nd stuff.

Sure ye wont be gettin much more homework from now on anyways:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ya i suppose. Just mad that it took up more than half of my study time, and tbh, its probably the subject that im fairly sorted for, compared to the rest :mad:

Ah well, suppose with no homework from now on we can concentrate on proper study! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

i spent a total of zero hours on study over the holidays!!!!! anyone else in the same boat? i just can't study but i know i really need to!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

woo finally finished all my homework...
    did a bit of study here and there but not an excessive amount, an hour or so a day. tomorrows when the real work starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I've tried.. i physically can't get my head to remember things... it just wont! its gone to sleep! I'd say it'll be fine tho.. 400 points is achievable with 6 weeks (ish) around 40 days? to go.. school tomorrow, 2 subjects done a night, be a-ok! :D

laura! wrote: »
    i spent a total of zero hours on study over the holidays!!!!! anyone else in the same boat? i just can't study but i know i really need to!!!!:confused:

yeah same, I didn't even do my homework. I'm doing it now ffs! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just done a revision course!

Otherwise, sweet feck all lol

Advertisement