Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spend the emblems or keep them ?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

is the new patch going to bring out some new bits to buy with emblems or should i just buy what i need now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Aparantly Uldar 10 man will drop the same tokens that Naxx 25 does, while there'll be a new set of tokens for Uldar 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ive been buying the 25man boe bracers. On my realm they sell for 3k (cloth) 1.5-2k(others) Quick easy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

No need to keep them, sell the bracers $$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Anti wrote: »
    Ive been buying the 25man boe bracers. On my realm they sell for 3k (cloth) 1.5-2k(others) Quick easy money.

I'm guessing this might not work on a lot of servers anymore. I had been doing this on my server up to a while ago, but the market for the stuff completely collapsed. Last time I checked they were selling for like <300.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Bought 2 sets for my DK whose 78 now. About 26 left now and dunno weather to save some for pvp stuff, get another set for lock or sell a set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah, i'd imagine on realm with larger raiding communities it would be alot harder to shift them alright. Another way you could get some cash from them is convert the badges and buy some gems or frozen orbs from the from the JC dude then sell them on the AH. Where i am scarlet rubys and frozen orbs vary from 70-110g each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

elexes wrote: »
    is the new patch going to bring out some new bits to buy with emblems or should i just buy what i need now.

Blue post :

Emblems of Valor not usable to buy Ulduar-25 gear
    We don't want piling up a bunch of emblems now to give a big advantage when a patch launches where someone buys a set of gear from the beginning.

And another :

Tier 8.10 not available from emblems
    Tier 8.10 or however you want to say it will drop off the bosses in Ulduar10 as usual. Tier 8.5 or 8.25, will drop off the Ulduar25 bosses and have 2 pieces available through emblems of conquest, you need like 50 of them to purchase one of these tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Many tiers is there gonna be :s Aint really looked into it but from that last post seems like 3-4 at least, was only expectin the 2 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

What the hell are emblems to be honest?

I know them from TBc, but theres like so many now I am just confused : /

I have a ****load on my DK, just never bothered checking the vendors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

TheDoc wrote: »
    What the hell are emblems to be honest?

I know them from TBc, but theres like so many now I am just confused : /

I have a ****load on my DK, just never bothered checking the vendors.

Emblems of heroism are emblems that drop from bosses in heroic instances (also 2 obtainable everyday for completing the daily heroic). Emblems of valor are emblems that drop from bosses in 25 man raids (such as Vault of Archavon).

Both can be used to buy equipment - Valor allows you to buy higher quality equipment. Heroism will still get you a few epics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Berns wrote: »
    Many tiers is there gonna be :s Aint really looked into it but from that last post seems like 3-4 at least, was only expectin the 2 :o

Still only two,

They are referring to how some people call the lower Tier 8 - 8.10 and some call it 8.25

And how some people call the higher Tier 8 - 8.25 and some call it 8.5

Confusing, but still just 2 Versions of Tier 8

Advertisement