Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Quake Live 1 on 1 League

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IRCOW

sounds cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Signups closing Tuesday - get the names in! I can't at the moment.....anyone know of a fix for "no or bad challenge for address"?

/reconnect doesn't work
    Opening ports in ZoneAlarm doesn't seem to have worked (5222 is open - any others I need?)
    Support channel on IRC is terrible!
    Forum is full of people saying "same problem"

:mad:

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭rzelky

am there /o/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hedgepig has done up a preview at the halfway point. Brackets can be seen here.
    Semi #1: ( kRoNic vs EmSixteen) vs Ylan

kRoNic
    Originally a Halo player, kRoNic is a relative newcomer to the Quake scene who made a name for himself as one of the best Quake 4 duelers in Ireland (although there weren't very many of them). Behind melachi, kRoNic was second or third best Quake 4 dueler in Ireland at the time (alongside Vinnit) - impressive for someone who was new to the genre. His UT2K4 standing, on the other hand, was undisputed. Consistently the best 1v1 player in a competitive scene - winning several LAN tournaments. He surpassed this in UT3 by winning the UT3 1v1 OpenCup Fall 2008 Premier League

Since then, kRoNic has got up to speed in Quake 3 CPMA vQ3. Last autumn he came second in Season 3 of the eSports.ie Quake Quick Cup, losing out to Vinnit in the final. More recently he won Kroncamp and put up some very good performances vs the top UK players (e.g., wins vs GaRpy and dozo) topping his group on the road to ESL qualification. Favourite for the title this season.

EmSixteen
    The Northerner has been plagued by connection issues in the past, but is talented and dedicated enough to be a very good QL player. Starting with Counter Strike, EmSixteen proved his ability in a bunch of different games - PGR, BF2, CoD2, warsow. More recently he reached a fairly high standard in Quake 3, particularly in Promode. He did attempt to partake in the eSports.ie Quake Quick Cups last autumn, but his connection was too bad. In his first game in the IQLOoOL, he comprehensively defeated the old Q3 star, Jedi. Even though Jedi is not playing to the best of his ability at the moment (I guess due to combination of rust, poor internet connection, and a sub-standard setup), this was still an impressive result by the newcomer.

Now he finds himself up against the #1 seed, kRoNic, in round 2. It is a tall order, with the odds heavily in favour of the Dubliner, but if his connection is stable then EmSixteen could cause an upset with a map win.

Ylan
    Top in the statistics of all Irish users in the closed beta, "Exeq" is a vaguely familiar name to me, never knew he was Irish. I haven't seen him play any 1v1 so I don't know what to expect, but I know he is a good fragger. A convincing win vs the warsow superstar, Parry, in Round 1, Ylan went onto knock out the #4 seed, Dardoz in round 2. The dark horse of the tournament, he has shown that he is capable of some good stuff. He will play vs the winner of kRoNic and EmSixteen in the semi-final. One to watch for sure...

Semi #2: Deliasz vs ( Marcel vs wyrag)

Deliasz
    One of three Poles in the tourney, along with Marcel and eSports.ie's very own rzelky, Deliasz has shown good form recently in QuakeLive, advancing pretty far in this cup. He is in the semis by virtue of a win over me ( killy) 2-1. After losing on qztourney4, he went on to easily win qztourney7 and qzdm6. Although a solid player all-round, has all the elements but may be lacking a little bit of sharpness for this cup, which imo he will gain in the coming months if he remains active.

Marcel
    A Quake player with some pedigree, having played for a number of Eurocup teams in CTF, such as 32nd, suq, -o-. Marcel finished 4th in the Spontan Cup recently, behind Spart1e, Bodzo, and doj. A great run, especially considering that he only barely lost out in the 3rd place playoff vs doj. After winning t4 by 14-10, he missed out on the 2-0 by losing a very close dm6, and then the decider on t6.

Marcel is a very competitive spirit and has been active lately with the clan BottomsUp. If his housemates don't spend too much on Skype and lag him out, then he ticks all the boxes and should be able to defeat wyrag. He is my tip for 2nd place, but we have yet to see him in action in this tourney.

wyrag
    Aside from a little Q4 and some offline Q3, wyrag is fairly new to the franchise, and since the beta, he has looked like one of the rising stars of Irish Quake. A thoughtful player, tries to stay one step ahead. Possibly lacking the fragging power that comes from playing over and over, I would consider it a major upset if he can get a result against Marcel. Stranger things have happened though, and as carl33to showed against melachi at Darkside, a well executed, thoughtful, snipey, cautious, performance with perfect timing can topple nearly anybody. Supposedly his aim has improved lately because he no longer plays "on the floor" and has got a desk or something. As soon as he starts using a mouse then we are all in trouble.

🤪

Advertisement