Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer/Friends Killed/Hostage

Options
  • 07-04-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭

I had this dream on sunday night after a full day on the guiness.

Me and a group of my friends, exactly 26, went over to Afghanistan to build parks for children. One day we where there in a park joking and builing and a rebellion started.

All my friends ran across the park while i was shouting no to them to tell them to come back a differnet way, they all continued to run off and i went back and hid but the leader saw me beause i as shouting at my friends.

I got caught and didnt get killed because i was Irish and he loved Ireland because of our history fighting the British. Then after three 3years with him tellign him about Ireland and cooking for him he then decided it was time to let me go.

I asked him about my friends and he said he would only tell me about them if i got him an apartment to live with me in Dublin.I told him they would kill him and he told me that all my friends were all killed on original day of the rebellion running across the park, and he was really sorry because he thougth they were British, and he ran off into the night.

When i got home i was speakin to the Chancellor(?!) of Ireland(who was Ray Liotta) and he said that was not possible for me to live in Ireland.... only could if I went around to all 26 of my friends and told their parents they were dead.

Now WTF does that maen... or is jsut a drunken guiness dream?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Generally, like 99% of the time, do not look into drinks you have on drink. They're more vivid and skewed and rarely worth interpreting.

If that were my dream... I wouldnt know what to make of it. Do you have some ideas of travelling, leaving? Do you feel like if you did you'd be betraying your 26 friends? Would you carry such guilt. Would you be 'killing' the friendships by leaving? I am not sure, if it was my dream, what the Afghani leader represents... maybe you feel you're betraying Ireland/Irishness by serving him for three years?

Its a toughie cause of the drink. If you have similar dreams sober... try remember them more!

Sleep tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

ive thought about it alright and the little things are always worth noticing. after reading your answer ive reread the dream as was few weeks ago and makes more sense to me now....

always very skeptical of these dream interpretations but there is some basis of truth in what they say.. as the dreasm are only vivid images of thoughts and emotions and actions we experience.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I dont try to make logic of any interpretation as such. If I have a dream that I really remember that effects me, I look at it and try to draw meaning from it. I've done some reading in the area. Some of it is very simple. Avoid dream dictionaries etc. Sometimes take things at face value, such as what I did with my post above. Sometimes if it seems glaringly obvious, then it is!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

yea exactly i dont think their can be an rxact science to every dream jsut more or less stating the obvious!

Advertisement