Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget April 2009 as it happens.

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

If that's the case why are many fast food joints now recieving over 500 applicants to jobs?

I honestly think the bulk of that is made up of non-nationals. From my own experience, most Irish people on the dole think they're above that kinda thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

kilns wrote: »
    Alot of people claiming the dole would rather sit at home than work in a shop or work in McDonalds or something, the dole has to be an disincentive at the moment it isnt, over €800 a month for doing nothing, ridic!!

I am sick of this attitude, I am on the dole and trying my ass off to get a job and no luck. There not even hiring in McDonalds!!

Now I have to wait till August to (hopefully) get my college course and till then unless I get a job, which is unlikely, I will only have €100 a week?

It's easy for you to say that when you have a job or financial support.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

What have we done to deserve all this ??

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

purrrfect1 wrote: »

Voted them in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

All the FF TD's have fecked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The majority voted for a FF government, that simple really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

We got to a stage where people took out mortgages to pay for cars and holidays and swimming pools.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

DSB wrote: »
    There are jobs out there, you just don't wanna do them, because we've become comfortable from the Celtic Tiger and think we're above serving Big Macs.

That's not true, did you not hear that news story last month where hundreds of people turned up for 35 openings for a Burger King in Galway? Many of them were out of work professionals. People I know who are out of work are literally working to do anything, flip Big Macs, clean cinema toilets, you name it, they'll do it...but so will 300 other people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OK, with the budget over, "as it happens" isn't really happening anymore.

This is going to descend into a mess.

Locked, feel free to open threads to discuss specific issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement