Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efron...Efron Sousuke

Options
  • 07-04-2009 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Zac Efron in talks to star in film of Shoji Gatoh's high school action comedy

The Mandalay Pictures production studio has licensed the film rights to Shoji Gatoh's Full Metal Panic! high school action comedy light novels. The story centers around a brusque young sergeant named Sousuke Sagara who must protect an assertive high school girl named Chidori Kaname by masquerading (somewhat unsuccessfully) as a high school student himself. Actor Zac Efron (High School Musical, Hairspray, 17 Again) is reportedly discussing the project.

Shikidouji illustrated the original novels, and Retsu Tateo adapted them into manga form (pictured at right). Four television anime series, several spinoff manga, and a video special have since released. ADV Manga released both the first manga series and the Full Metal Panic: Overload! manga spinoff in North America. ADV Films and Funimation have split the North American DVD releases of the different anime series between the two of them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-04-07/mandalay-pictures-licenses-full-metal-panic-film-rights

Sooo, its only in discussion so far. I think I'd prefer a new series, but depending on how well they do the Arm Slaves it could be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Hobbidance

Ugh, couldn't have picked a worse person!!! I actually enjoyed that anime and now caterpillar eyebrows Efron is gonna make a hash of the real life. Whats the bet he's just going to be waaayyyy to gooffy instead of acting like he's serious about his job and has no idea how to live with other teenagers just like HSM it'll be very very bad acting. Americans.... -.- They always ruin everything with crappy voices and bad acting. Even the trailer for 17 again looks terrible. They over use who ever is most popular at the time and dont care how well they can or cannot act.
    Get a fresh face that can act is what I say!! Plus if they bring in a disney girl for Kaname... it'll just prove my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I read your post thinking cool a live action of FMP but then when I saw it plans to be Hollywood made I was dissappointed. This film would work better if Japanese made as it has Japanese humour. It would be similar to Hollywood doing a remake of the Irish hit comedy Snapper. I can't see it working and it woud be a flop.

Advertisement