Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas bonus - gone!!

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭bobbiw

Only in Ireland would they think to give a bonus to someone who is basicly a looser.

Now for people who have worked and contributed to society and through no fault of their own found themselves out of work well they do need to be supported.

For those who didnt work in the boom times they should be left to starve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

A bonus for sitting on your h'ole smoking and drinking while the rest of pay for it. What a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

akaredtop wrote: »
    A bonus for sitting on your h'ole smoking and drinking ....
    Don't forget adding a few more brats to your brood that the taxpayer will also pay for.

This country needs a good dose of reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

well the dail today took a vote,they narrowly won the vote to not bring it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You'll probably find people home in the middle of the day turn up to vote on Thursdays so it pays to keep them happy where as the people working arre usually busy working and can't be arsed to turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

Fred83 wrote: »
    its means tested for those who are under 24 and live at home,and yes i agree with you,more should be done on the abuse of it,also i think we need a thatcher type person to tell the e.u that ireland shoundnt pay for kids that dont even live in the country

my god thatcher!! are you out of your mind! she'd let us all starve!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Quartet

my god thatcher!! are you out of your mind! she'd let us all starve!!

I think Baroness (!) Thatcher is a little past it TBH...

margaret-thatcher-4_795378c.jpg

Lovely Woman....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭bobbiw

I know a girl who has 3 kids and the goverment pay for her home and she gets around 500 euro a week or something like that in benefits. She has no intention of working ever and intends to stay on the dole.

What should you do with someone like that.

Firstly you need to shake up the welfare system.

Unemployment benefit should be for a maximum of 6 months followed by mandatory retraining in a job where there a need. those unemployement should also have to sign on for community work unless at interviews or be able to document a job search.

Either way they should do a minumum of a certain amount of community work a week.

As for the person I listed above they should have their benefits stopped completly and let fend for themselves.

Or they should be given food stamps for a predetermined brand of milk, eggs etc.

Then they would have to deal with the embarasment at the checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

It was downright perverse that the xmas bonus existed in the first place.

But I doubt it will matter much, the mothers will still go begging to SVDP that little Tyler just has to get the PS3 with 2 dual shock controllers..... anything less would be squalor
    & yes the above does happen, every goddamn year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 madout

It is a well known fact the Irish has lost their bottle! Or is it? 1916 uprising well where are they now? When we have a government rocking our boat and killing the economy that thrived for years. Or did it, who made the money, the ones who already had the money!

Budget 2008 ok well, protest over poor millionaire land owners who have retired sold a big lump of land and are now sitting pretty. Media hype the situation, medical card means testing. Why the hell not? I ask you.

Now is it not a fact, we voted the F.F. government in "not me" and is it not true the government are here for the good of the country and people. Well it does not look that way they are screwing us and looking out for themselves and their own families. Doing nothing for the jobless and cutting back everything!

Come over here to Ireland it pays good social welfare and gives corporation housing. “Little Europe”. Now there are no jobs left for the non Irish nationals and all the rest that lived in soft Ireland long enough to breed to get naturalisation. I say let you the average Irish tax payer pay your social welfare! Why would they go back home?

I know there will be some out there that say, what, is the point in complaining, no one cares!
    And there is nothing you can do or is there? Means testing OAPs.

Oh and be patriotic.

Viva la revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Simple fact is and like it or not the irish Welfare system is too generous. We simply cannot afford the 21 Billion a year.

someone answer me this,since every e.u country pays for kids that dont live here,does the e.u pool money together to pay the dole?,way things are going they wont be able to afford to pay it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 madout

No pooling of money to pay the amount ireland pays..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The problem mfitzy is that it`s €21 Billion and RISING. :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

well if they can find money under the carpet to bail out the banks....

Advertisement