Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying History for LC

Options
  • 07-04-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm having serious trouble trying to revise history...I go through the book highlighting everything!!!!
    I have tried making my own notes but they turn out terrible....

Anyone have any tips??

Thanks,
    Niamh!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

If you not great at making your own notes buy revise wise or less stress books, they are fairly good for history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I find the best way to revise is to write out essays and learn them. I've a big folder of essays on pretty much every topic. Obviously don't do this for similar questions. If you don't have them already look for the essays you did in fifth year too. For notes keep them general. Don't get bogged down in writing down every detail.

I don't know if I've told you anything useful there or anything you don't already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Yeah i agree with the essays. Personally, my study of history involves planning essays and then learning the plans.

All that you will be asked in your exam if you are HL are essays, well except the few document questions but sure you can't prepare them.

All the section 2 and 3 questions are essays, as well as the contextualisation q in the document part.

Notes are important for learning the details but at this stage I would focus on planning and then learning the plans.

Advertisement