Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effects of new budget on BTEA

Options
  • 07-04-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Could anyone explain the effects of todays new budget on the eligibility of the Back to Education Allowance?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Earlier access to BTEA (Third Level Option) when recommended by a Facilitator (reduce from 12 to 9 months in line with NEAP);

From what I gather you can now qualify for BTEA if you are unemployed for 9 months instead of 12. Not sure what recommended by facilitator means?? Ah sure there's always a catch.. Just hoping it doesn't effect me - that's presuming I get in of course!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Joe1919

amtaxi wrote: »
    Earlier access to BTEA (Third Level Option) when recommended by a Facilitator (reduce from 12 to 9 months in line with NEAP);

Not sure what recommended by facilitator means??

I guessing that's probably the FAS facilitator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

It might also be a DFSA facilitator / placement officer. Their case load is now placement of 40 new clients per month each in education or work.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Hey, can somebody tell me the source of the above information? This could have major benefits for potential Mature Students....

Thanks

Bob

Advertisement