Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Shared Garden - Ideas Appreciated

Options
  • 07-04-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I have small garden/flower bed to the front of my house which is shared equally with my neighbours. I did have a little "push in stake" fence thing around it which has not withstood the amount of footballs hitting it. Its currently just soil with a few healthy shrubs, a little cherry blossom and a few rose bushes, but the rest is just weeds.

I'm looking for some ideas. I want a little fence, mainly just to separate it from the neighbors, just about a foot high. It needs to be something that can't be sat upon, or the local kids woulds just congregate on it. Its so small, approx 4 x 4 sq yards it couldn't handle anything too tall.

I also need some ideas for covering the soil. I'm not keen on bark, perhaps stone chippings or paved? Although its small, the amount of bare soil means its quite a bit of weeding.

I just have no idea at the moment, if anyone had a minute to throw in a few ideas to inspire me I'd appreciate it. :)

Advertisement