Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIRT on normal bank accounts?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 5:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Has this gone up?, as in the interest you earn on a normal current account?

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Has this gone up?, as in the interest you earn on a normal current account?

:(

It has gone up to 25% on normal savings accounts and up to 28%on certain other savings accounts.They did not specify what these were though.They made no specific mention of current accounts.Are they not exposed to the same level of dirt as savings accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

chilly would you mind explaing all that dirt on deposits lark for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

old boy wrote: »
    chilly would you mind explaing all that dirt on deposits lark for me please.

Explained here on the revenue.ie site (though with the old rates): http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/dirt/index.html

Basically it's gone from 23% to 25% on interest earned on all deposits except those where "interest earned on a deposit where the interest cannot be calculated annually or more frequently and the interest cannot be determined until it is paid" which will be liable at the higher rate.

The higher rate won't effect any normal savings or current account from my understanding of it.

Advertisement