Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are these people???

Options
  • 07-04-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

As part of the Minister's speech, he talked about Fairness and that the Government has decided to introduce a number of additional changes to the remuneration of Deputies and Senators.

"Oireachtas members who are on paid leave of absence as teachers may no longer avail of the arrangement whereby they can keep the difference between their teachers’ salary and the cost of employing a replacement."

Did anyone else know this? Can you believe it that there are some members of the Oireachtas who took the excess amount of their school teacher salary?

I don't think it's enough that it's finished, I would like to know who availed of this scheme.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

This has been raised many, many times over the years but as times were good no-one cared!!

there are a lot of TDs who were teachers by profession. Not only is there the pay element but the job is kept for them if they ever want to come back or lose seat etc meaning only a substitute teacher can be hired

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That would be a sly dig at Enda Kenny.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement