Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to write a charactor sketch on macbeth

Options
  • 07-04-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

an essay that i can shape around any question that deals with macbeth

but i need to break it down into headings

so far i have:
    macbeth and evil
    ambition

what other headings could i focus on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maybe get the shape of your essay in your head, like will you be writing it trait by trait (i.e a paragraph on ambition, on one evil etc.)

Everyone has a different style, but if I were writing it I'd chart his development as a character throughout the play and highlight the contrast between Macbeth at the beginning of the play and Macbeth at the end of the play. I would talk about how he begins as a noble warrior, with suitable quotes, then chart his progression as ambition takes over, consumes him, and slowly gives way to regret. I'd talk about his latent evil too and possibly his relationship with lady Macbeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Oh Jesus

you know this thread is from April yeah?

mink_man wrote: »
    haven't a clue!

Is there a need to dig up obsolete and highly irrelevant threads?

I mean, that person obviously wanted the Macbeth essay for today, TODAY!

You bringing up a two month old thread just to say that you don't know is, to be honest, pretty amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

English is over...theres something you didnt know.PHIC(philadelphia here I come??)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,253 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

:D:D:D that is hilarious

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement