Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kiko Macheda: Football's future or one-hit wonder?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

iregk wrote: »
    Rumor has it he has made the short list for World Soccer's 10 greatest players of all time poll.

He's got my vote!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

iregk wrote: »
    For a start I agree with how the post is going, lets see more of him. I never said everyone is proclaiming him to be the saviour. Obviously someone thinks he is worthy after putting a thread together on him.

Lastly, while your entitled to view his performance differently but what I saw was a player with a bad touch that isn't a very good passer of the ball either. That said he is 17!!!! The last time I heard this about a United player was one Gary Cooke, the new Geroge Best was what fans and pundits screamed after 5 mins on the pitch and one back flick. Look how that ended.

Personally I think your post is rubbish from start to finish, but thats why its a beautiful game, it stirs debate.

Became a hero on the other side of the city before carving out a very nice career over in the States. Good player was Terence, though he had personal problems that prevented him from fulfilling his true potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good player was Terence, though he had personal problems that prevented him from fulfilling his true potential.

Exactly. Certainly wasn't the George Best we were told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I really hate this culture of judging young players so quickly nowadays. It happens at every club. Lucas and Babel written off by loads of Liverpool fans, Nani and Evans written off by loads of United fans, and the lists go on and on.

Not everybody can be a Rooney or a Fabregas. Most take time to develop their game.

Macheda has impressed me at reserve level, best player I've seen in United reserves since Rossi, from that alone I'd say he'll be a premiership standard player. Whether he goes higher than that you really won't know for at least 10 or 15 games, and maybe even 5 or 6 years. Maybe he'll crash out, and have to rebuild his career. We'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Is he a two-hit wonder now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Galvasean wrote: »

I wonder if he does this for the next few weeks, maybe how "not" stupid this thread might become

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

TheDoc wrote: »
    I wonder if he does this for the next few weeks, maybe how "not" stupid this thread might become

it will remain equally stupid as it will still have been about a player who had played 20 minutes of top level football.

As i said myself earlier in the thread, based on what i've seen of him, his first touch in the box alone is enough to give him a decent career. How the rest of his game developes will see whether he becomes a real star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't suppose Grampa Macheda had a dalliance with a fair young Irish maiden some years back? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

He'll never make it. After the final whistle last week, 7 or 8 players came up to congratulate him, each one ruffling his hair. Each time he carefully fixed his hair afterwards. Hasn't a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He'll never make it. After the final whistle last week, 7 or 8 players came up to congratulate him, each one ruffling his hair. Each time he carefully fixed his hair afterwards. Hasn't a hope.

its REALLY stupid hair too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yeah he mustn't be any use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nobody remember's Ronaldo's hair when he was a young 'un???

5%20-%20Cristiano%20Ronaldo%20-%20NSync%20reject.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

DSB wrote: »
    Yeah he mustn't be any use.

Seriously though, he scored the goal that's 'made' him. Could do nothing for 3 years and he'd still probably get a contract from a mid-low table Premisership side hoping to get a bit of magic. It was also a very important injury time winner - and he's worried about his hair? You think you'd be so elated that you'd be oblivious to anything othet than being thrilled for yourself and the team, not fixing your hair :confused:? I'd have thought that at 17 it'd be all about the football rather than appearance? Maybe I'm just old :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah but hair ruffling is not to be taken lightly. Just ask Stephen Ireland. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

i found this elsewhere. He is Jebus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dave! wrote: »
    Nobody remember's Ronaldo's hair when he was a young 'un???

5%20-%20Cristiano%20Ronaldo%20-%20NSync%20reject.jpg

It's not as if his hair has improved. He seems to have about three haircuts on the one head at the same time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

can we get a change to the title of the thread from Kiko Marcheda to David Ngog.

Thanks.

Can i have a go at judging him after a ridiculous amount of time???

He's obviously gonna get nowhere. He scored a fluke today where he tried to control it and it bounced off his foot. That luck is is not gonna continue.

That's the last we'll be hearing of Macheda, i'm sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    can we get a change to the title of the thread from Kiko Marcheda to David Ngog.

Thanks.
    pfft who
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Can i have a go at judging him after a ridiculous amount of time???

He's obviously gonna get nowhere. He scored a fluke today where he tried to control it and it bounced off his foot. That luck is is not gonna continue.

That's the last we'll be hearing of Macheda, i'm sure!

Utd supporter didnt start the thread btw

some people say it was a fluke some say it wasnt
    tbh i dont think its a fluke at all,kiko is like RVN is the box so nothing would suprise me (in reserves matches anyway)

lolz at the comment about the "last we'll be see him"
    im sorry it wont be the last time we'll be seeing kiko he'll be making a few more appearances from the bench

2 out 2 baby

if this was the other way around it'll be a different story just because utd have a great prospect liverpool fans have to be bitter
    my friends i rather fresh grapes

edit forgot to say next season they'll be a Davide Petrucci Football's future thread ;)

Headshot wrote: »
    pfft who

Utd supporter didnt start the thread

some people say it was a fluke some say it wasnt
    tbh i dont think its a fluke at all,kiko is like RVN is the box so nothing would suprise me (in reserves matches)

lolz at the comment about the "last we'll be see him"
    im sorry it wont be the last time we'll be seeing kiko he'll be making a few more appearances from the bench

2 out 2 baby

if this was the other way around it'll be a different story just because utd have a great prospect liverpool fans have to be bitter
    my friends i rather fresh grapes

edit forgot to say next season they'll be a Davide Petrucci Football's future thread ;)

In fairness, i was being a bit facetious with the 'last we'll see of him' remark. But i genuinely can't believe there's a debate whether he meant it or not. It bounced of his fecking foot!!! I know this sounds bitter, but it's not. He was in the right place at the right time, but je$us it was a fluke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Thanks.
    Headshot wrote: »
    pfft who

I think you meant:

Thanks.

Who? :p

monkey9 wrote: »
    In fairness, i was being a bit facetious with the 'last we'll see of him' remark. But i genuinely can't believe there's a debate whether he meant it or not. It bounced of his fecking foot!!! I know this sounds bitter, but it's not. He was in the right place at the right time, but je$us it was a fluke.

got to be kidding

last time oh he slipped before he scored against villa he didnt mean it blah blah (not saying you said it monkey9 just some liverpool fans have said it)

never any complements

just bitter stuff

same old broken record

about the goal we'll agree to disagree alright
    just not going anywhere

Im only online now to save the internet
    so im off
    internet is save again thanks to Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think yesterdays goal was intentional tbh, similar to delfounesos goal in the uefa earlier on this season

real sign of a goal poacher imo

tho the fonz is still gonna be faaaaaaaaar better :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Who on earth is Nogg? Kiko is already better then Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Pity United don't have a more comfortable lead at the top to allow Fergie give some of the younger lads a full game. Macheda has scored 2 vital goals and I hope he gets a full game under his belt before the end of the season cos his confidence must be sky high. It'll be interesting to see if Fergie will unleash him from the bench against Porto should the need arise and I imagine it will!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

RasTa wrote: »
    Who on earth is Nogg?
    He's from Star Trek isn't he?

He's from Star Trek isn't he?

nog_redo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon Kiko was trying to direct the ball towards goal, but at the speed it came at him, there had to be a large degree of luck in it actually coming off. The same way many strikers try instinctive stuff that some times does, and sometimes doesn't come off. He (and United) got lucky on this occasion that it came off, but i do reckon he was at least trying to redirect it towards the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Galvasean wrote: »

nah, he's a one hit and one hit off him wonder now.

el rabitos wrote: »
    nah, he's a one hit and one hit off him wonder now.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement