Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No decrease in Social Welfare Payments?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

aare wrote: »
    That is a brilliant idea...

But the thing is...there is no point in waiting for the Government to organise that (one word :- FAS) people are going to have to get up the impetus to do that THEMSELVES.

Hey...could we stop inhaling the toxic begrudgery around here and formulate a specific request to get a board opened where unemployed people could start to network and think tank?

Start a USEFUL revolution???

Hmm... even better idea! Although I'm not sure a public forum would be the best place to do it... as some bloody entrepeneur will just come along and steal the idea once it's ready :D but I really do believe something like that should be done... I mean there are people signing on at the same time and place who, between them, could probably run the country... accountants, managers, hr people, administrators, sales people, solicitors... everything it takes to run several companies... I'm betting if those people got their heads together they could come up with something.

Hmm... even better idea! Although I'm not sure a public forum would be the best place to do it... as some bloody entrepeneur will just come along and steal the idea once it's ready :D but I really do believe something like that should be done... I mean there are people signing on at the same time and place who, between them, could probably run the country... accountants, managers, hr people, administrators, sales people, solicitors... everything it takes to run several companies... I'm betting if those people got their heads together they could come up with something.

Actually... I think I might try and find a way of doing this myself... maybe put up ads somewhere... or suggest it to the FAS equivilant here and see if they can help me. It's only really an option if you find people in your own area... or maybe not if you're talking of something web based (there are plenty of web experts on the dole too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Hmm... even better idea! Although I'm not sure a public forum would be the best place to do it... as some bloody entrepeneur will just come along and steal the idea once it's ready :D

Does it matter once FAS do not get a chance to hijack it, cripple it and render it useless? :D
    but I really do believe something like that should be done... I mean there are people signing on at the same time and place who, between them, could probably run the country... accountants, managers, hr people, administrators, sales people, solicitors... everything it takes to run several companies... I'm betting if those people got their heads together they could come up with something.

I am sure of that...and think of the skills pool on a less empirical scale?

It's just a matter of getting people to work together and invest their skills in a better future for all of us.

Does it matter once FAS do not get a chance to hijack it, cripple it and render it useless? :D

I am sure of that...and think of the skills pool on a less empirical scale?

It's just a matter of getting people to work together and invest their skills in a better future for all of us.

Hahaha... ok, let's leave FAS out of it then.

Oh yep, you'd have your labourers, carpenters, fundraisers, training people, experts on whatever it is.. or depending on what they come up with there would be SOMEBODY available to do it.

Oh yep, you'd have your labourers, carpenters, fundraisers, training people, experts on whatever it is.. or depending on what they come up with there would be SOMEBODY available to do it.

EXACTLY :D

The logistic might be tricky, but they could be worked out...

If people committed to contributing say, a year of free skills, expertise and labour, in return for the guarantee of a realistically paid job at the end of that year, as long as the venture survives...

I know it would probably break every SW regulation IN THE BOOK at some point, but if you had a scheme all set up, and ready to go, and demanded the right to run it...

I BET it would work...

• Advertisement

EXACTLY :D

The logistic might be tricky, but they could be worked out...

If people committed to contributing say, a year of free skills, expertise and labour, in return for the guarantee of a realistically paid job at the end of that year, as long as the venture survives...

I know it would probably break every SW regulation IN THE BOOK at some point, but if you had a scheme all set up, and ready to go, and demanded the right to run it...

I BET it would work...

Hmmm... well a year's a long time to work for free though :eek:

Hmmm... well a year's a long time to work for free though :eek:

That's just an example...and, of course, it would depend on getting welfare, and travel expenses for that year...maybe a small extra allowance?

But it would be a better investment in the future than just sitting on dole for a year, applying for interviews...

...and if you got a job in the meanwhile you could just take it, and leave with new friends, and warm fuzzies for what you had put into the scheme...not to mention an extra reference to GET another job with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

daisy123 wrote: »
    So, I was just wondering if there was a legal reason for not decreasing payments NOW as opposed to looking at them in subsequent budgets?

I'm curious as to why are 'legal reasons' brought so often into these budget threads? I mean it busts my head every time I hear someone in the government saying "We can't go after them for legal reasons" or "this can't be done for legal reasons".

I mean they are the government right? They make laws, it's their bloody job actually. They make them and since they have the majority in the parliament they are also likely to see them through. Means if there is legal reasosn get them out of the way, that's what you're paid for.

Sorry for the little rant that is in no way directed at the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

"Hey...could we stop inhaling the toxic begrudgery around here and formulate a specific request to get a board opened where unemployed people could start to network and think tank?"

http://www.ideascampaign.ie/

already there.

"Hey...could we stop inhaling the toxic begrudgery around here and formulate a specific request to get a board opened where unemployed people could start to network and think tank?"

http://www.ideascampaign.ie/

already there.

Not exactly...just a beginning...the URL is great and so is the aethetic design.

But, right now all the site is doing is to privately collate submitted ides and publish them in the hope that someone with an interest in doing something about them will look.

What are needed are open DISCUSSION BOARDS where people can think tank, network, and actually get some things UP AND RUNNING.

TBH we need it linked into something like "boards" just to get the numbers interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Quartet

head%20in%20sand.gif

Sometimes it all feels a little like this.......

Advertisement