Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i repeat english will i have to do another play, new poets and a new novel?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

i hope not

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

yep you sure will, some of the plays maybe still on the course same with the poerty and novels but there will deffo be some new stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeah, you do, to a certain extent anyway.

I'm repeating English, I have to do a new Shakespearean play, a new novel (I did How Many Miles to Babylon? last year, but it's gone) and a few new poets (but I had Mahon, Rich & Montague done from last year, so wasn't so bad).

For the comparative, I could use the same play (Philadelphia, Here I Come!) and film (Cinema Paradiso), so it wasn't all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

kevogy wrote: »
    i hope not

You do not neccessarily need to do english if you already got the grade needed for matriculation purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Go to www.education.ie

In the 3rd box down on left hand side click on 'Curriculum, Syllabus & Teaching Guides'

In the middle of the next page the subjects are in alphabetical order. Click 'english'

Then under
    Circular 0008/2008 - Prescribed Material for English in the Leaving Certificate Examination in 2010 (File Format Word 65KB)

Click 'view file'

This gives the full list of everything on english 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Gagalady

Play changes yearly. Some of the same poetry - depends. Yeats generally always there though.

Don't fail!! Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement