Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed 2 teaser

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

that web cam thing is cool

animus.jpg

Am I the only one who hated the first one?

Yes it looked amazing but jesus, it was just monotonous. Go find this guy. Go kill that guy. Run! They're after you! It's ok, you've reached this room, they're not after you anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Nope, it bored the sh!te out of me also.!Your right the graphics were stunning but by god was it boring.!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Spear wrote: »
    http://assassinscreed.us.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/teaser/?utm_source=CRMAC2&utm_medium=AC2Teaser&utm_campaign=AC2Teaser

Not much to really see other than the strong suggestion of a renaissance setting.

if it is the renaissance era, maybe they'll take a few leaves out of the thief series and bring some elements over to spice up the repetitive nature of the original.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Yes it looked amazing but jesus, it was just monotonous. Go find this guy. Go kill that guy. Run! They're after you! It's ok, you've reached this room, they're not after you anymore.

Nope.

I hated it as well. Thought it was hyped up poop.

ps. It seems similar to another Ubisoft game, Prince of Persia (ps3/360). Go to area, find way to bad guy, kill bad guy, collect orbs and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

Sooo I'm looking at the new Game Informer right now, and it tells a few thing but only has one new image, the one we already have, the 5th one.

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe thing, and 2 smaller blades
    - You CAN swim
    - Da Vincis workshop is in the game
    - Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
    - The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
    - So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
    -You will see the countryside of Tuscany
    - The "Auditore" family is mentioned
    - The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
    - He is a nobleman of Florence
    - Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
    - YOU DO INDEED FLY AND THERES A PICTURE OF IT.
    and thats just what I got from the pictures. I'll let you know more details as I read more.
    - Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
    - You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
    - each weapon has a special move.
    - 16 unique mission types.
    - No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
    - If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain ful strength.
    - Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
    - Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
    - New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
    - While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
    - You can still climb towers and ride horses
    - The Lorendo de Medici assassination is in the game.
    - There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
    - 240 people are working on this title.

Source: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...551025747/p/17

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/04/assassinscreed2mainch.jpg pic of ezio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

The first game did look stunning but got boring fast. Although i think this will be promising. If they iron out the problems the first game had it could be a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Assasins Creed 1 had a great framework there for an epic game.

Climbing was done very well.

Sword fighting pretty much worked ok.

Guards, while retarded in a lot of ways, had nice little touches like chucking rocks at you while you were climbing a building, or hamstringing your horse while you were on horse back trying to ride over a big group of them.

You could fight from horse back properly unlike some games such as two worlds.... AC did a Great job on the horse back sections to be fair. All I missed really was a very long "fcuk off and die, yes I am compensating for something" spear to run people through with.

Cities were pretty to look at and a lot of work went into them.

Shame will all the obvious effort and craft they actually forgot to make the "game" part fun or interesting or varied. I managed to drag myself and finish AC1 but I barely managed....

They def should steal wholesale without shame from the Thief series and adapt the good parts to suit.

• Advertisement

We’ve got an inside scoop on Ubisoft’s upcoming title, Assassin’s Creed II, and it looks like the team in Montreal really went all out this time around. As you may know, the main character in this installment is Ezio Auditore di Firenze. He’s a much better swimmer than Altair ever was, and apparently more of a “ladies man”. We’ll let you speculate on the gameplay possibilities there.
    What the developers really wanted with this game though is to give the player a greater sense of freedom than before, as well as increase the number of missions you can take part in. Repetitiveness was a big complaint with the first Assassin’s Creed, so hopefully that problem has been eliminated in the sequel.
    The swimming mechanics have dual usage, as Ezio can hide himself underwater, or hide his victims in water cases. Diving is also possible, and definitely implies some hairy situations that Ezio will have to get out of. Though there are weapons at your disposal, Ezio can also use his fists to fend off enemies with both offensive and defensive moves.
    The last interesting tidbit is that Ezio’s attire comes from the noble families of Italy, so he may have a much bigger agenda than what the developers are letting on. For more updates on this exciting new game, from PlayStation Lifestyle!
    source
    http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/04/26/dive-into-new-assassins-creed-ii-details/

Advertisement