Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carina ii modification

Options
  • 07-04-2009 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

i currently have a carina ii sitting in the yard its nothing special to look at and the 4-af engine has seen better days . . i was wondering if a 4-age or even a 4-agze engine would fit ? also would it be possible for the dash in the carina ii to be changed . i have an old ae92 hi-torqe corolla and i like the dash in that would it be a straight enough swap or would it be messy ? ? any help would be appriciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

You lost me there, the carina 11 has a 4 AFE engine front wheel drive?
    What year and model is the doner car you want to use, I reckon the dash clock wiring will have to be changed to match the carina.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Carina ii

my carina is just 4 a-f ! i was thinking a levin bzr or somethin that has a bit of get up and go ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

why not just get a Levin then?

right its only a project car somethin to do for a bit of craic . . its going to be a long summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

look out for a carina 11 2 ltr gli.

the gli only came in liftback. . . .in ireland anyway ? ? i could be wrong

i have found an ae92 hi-torque for breaking and i am going to get the dash sometime this week ! ! do i need to bring the wires from the ae92 as well ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cutenose1

Id say you could make the 3sge work in the carina ii,wasnt it in the carina E gti,the 4age id say would be struggling a little with the bigger car,the 2ltr have more pull in it,hav had a few toyotas hav a gze atm,if you need any bits or bobs im breaking a gti too,

a 3gse might be harder to find and probably more of a price ! would u know what b.h.p a 3gse is ? ? . . .do you have the dash and center in the gti ? ?how much would u be looking for that ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cutenose1

Carina ii wrote: »
    a 3gse might be harder to find and probably more of a price ! would u know what b.h.p a 3gse is ? ? . . .do you have the dash and center in the gti ? ?how much would u be looking for that ?

Just sending you a PM with the details...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Interested in a '90 2.0 GLi (auto) with good 3S-FE 126bhp engine (140K, t/b done at 130K)?

Not your ornery onager

will an ae92 dash work off the carinas loom or would i have to get the loom of the ae92 ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

esel wrote: »
    Interested in a '90 2.0 GLi (auto) with good 3S-FE 126bhp engine (140K, t/b done at 130K)?

send on the usual details please

Advertisement