Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm going to oz on 7th may 2009

Options
  • 07-04-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

flying into melbourne as thats where i heard i'd get most work asap. as i'm going alone (i'm a 30 year old girl), i'd like to meet up with someone to have a buddy, just until we're settled in. as i have to start working straight away, i'm planning to stay in melbourne for about 3-6 months, then travel/work from there.

if anyones heading over around the same time, i'd love to hear from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mobooo

just do it on your own youl be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I live in Melbourne. If you need any advice feel free to ask me. I can't garantee I'll know that answer though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dots84

Hi.....I am going to Melbourne on my own too:)...but not going until the middle of June.( I am a girl, 25 )

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

I would offer to help out, but I'm doing the reverse and leaving Melbourne and heading to Ireland in a few weeks. If you have any questions about Melbourne, feel free to PM me. I know the feeling of it being daunting moving to a new country all alone, but I'm sure you'll have no problems finding your feet and making friends. Us Australians are nice enough. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

Hey all,

I'm heading to Melbourne for a wedding but I've a week to do stuff after it...might travel up north, I don't know yet! Might be cool to hook up with other people though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

missannik wrote: »
    I would offer to help out, but I'm doing the reverse and leaving Melbourne and heading to Ireland in a few weeks. If you have any questions about Melbourne, feel free to PM me. I know the feeling of it being daunting moving to a new country all alone, but I'm sure you'll have no problems finding your feet and making friends. Us Australians are nice enough. :)

Do you have work here? I may know of somewhere that's usually looking for people..not as much as a year ago but...still...just thought I'd mention it!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭missannik

Mr. Frost wrote: »
    Do you have work here? I may know of somewhere that's usually looking for people..not as much as a year ago but...still...just thought I'd mention it!

Cheers Mr Frost, but I think I have a job lined up... have an interview the week I arrive, which *fingers crossed* I should get given my experience (and they sounded keen on the phone.)

Sorry for hijacking this thread. :o

Dinkle- maybe Dstar and Sammag will organise another Melbourne beers when you're over. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Living over here at the minute, actually looking for people for my place http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055509906 so if you know of a couple and someone else etc just let me know!

As regards Melbourne, any questions you have just pm me or email me! Would be glad to help!

Advertisement