Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Thor wrote: »
    1 question for some people out there.

any decent themes going!!!

cant seem to find any, I know its still early days but i assume all the 5800 themes would work(where are they all)

anyway anyone got any decent sites for some n97 gear, let me know!!

yes all the themes of Nokia 5800 works on N97, Try Blue sheen or red sheen search on google quite nice theme.

And for all you need from Application to games, Themes to ringtones and Modding stuff, hacking etc.

www.ipmart-forum.com

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

kmart6 wrote: »
    What could you possible need an extra 16Gb on top of the standard 32GB before you even get the phone?!

I've 30Gb of music to put on it, a few films/tv shows
    and then just general space for apps etc...

oh and i'd get the 32gb microSD card if it was out and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

ok here goes.pre-ordered n97 from clove.Much cheaper for me as i got it ex vat so 513 euro + p&p.Upgraded my shipping to fedex from royalmail and here's the problem. Fedex shipped it overnight to dublin and passed it over to their irish delivery partner. Some called parcel line i think but not certain.I cant track it or try and arrange a pickup from a local depot today to try and get it for the weekend.Fedex wont give the details of their irish handler ,any of yee guys got any ideas?

gearoidol wrote: »
    ok here goes.pre-ordered n97 from clove.Much cheaper for me as i got it ex vat so 513 euro + p&p.

How come you got it excluding vat? how much did you pay all together inlcuding postage?

ive got an irish vat number and once you quote that on clove they deduct the vat at source as they do not have a registered office with vat no in ireland.Still wondering guys does anyone know who fedex use for irish deliveries

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ok here goes.pre-ordered n97 from clove.Much cheaper for me as i got it ex vat so 513 euro + p&p.Upgraded my shipping to fedex from royalmail and here's the problem. Fedex shipped it overnight to dublin and passed it over to their irish delivery partner. Some called parcel line i think but not certain.I cant track it or try and arrange a pickup from a local depot today to try and get it for the weekend.Fedex wont give the details of their irish handler ,any of yee guys got any ideas?
    from what i remember it could be either parcel link or nightline (Knightline? sp?)

ive got an irish vat number and once you quote that on clove they deduct the vat at source as they do not have a registered office with vat no in ireland.Still wondering guys does anyone know who fedex use for irish deliveries

Did you try to ring them at Customer Service: 1800 535 800.

I just checked firmware on my phone and it showed " Operation cancelled by server", till this mor it was showing "New updates not available", which is the sign new FW is around the corner, could be today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I saw an n97 for sale 'as new' in one of those asian phone shops on Moore St today for 249€. I was obviously highly suspicious of the price but didn't go in to check if it was fake or not. All the other phones they have there are genuine, and have genuine prices to match, I.e. a new sim free n96 is 350. If anyone fancies checking it out it's the first one on moore street on the right as you come from Henry street and it's in the window. I read that there's a lot of fakes around already, but most of these places sell genuine phones, obviously if something seems too good to be true it is and all that, just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

for all the xpansys customers, can you tell me which code is the tracking number and also what option did you choose on the dhl site ? i cant seem to get my package up on dhl. iv attached part of my invoice.

thanks in advance for any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

they would have sent you can email to confirm your order.

click the link in that you it will bring you to your status of your order.

if it has been shipped it will have have a dhl link at the bottem.

just click that.

Thor wrote: »
    they would have sent you can email to confirm your order.

click the link in that you it will bring you to your status of your order.

if it has been shipped it will have have a dhl link at the bottem.

just click that.

thanks thor, yea they sent me an email confirming it was shipped with a link that then has the link to the dhl site but that brings up the dhl page with the message "No Result Found for your Query. Please Try Again. " I guess I'll have to contact expansys customer services.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

well i was told it was shipped on tuesday
    (got the link to dhl on tuesday)

but it had just missed dhl by 5 minutes and the link wasnt working.

on wenesday they told me it was going to be sent that they and the link was working by 5 that they saying it was picked up.

if they are sending it today it should be active around the same time.

DermoMIO wrote: »
    thanks thor, yea they sent me an email confirming it was shipped with a link that then has the link to the dhl site but that brings up the dhl page with the message "No Result Found for your Query. Please Try Again. " I guess I'll have to contact expansys customer services.:o

yeah I had the exact same issue, I emailed expansys straight away and told them that the link was broken, I received an email from DHL showing the detail soon after.

btw, try using this link

http://www.dhl.com/cgi-bin/tracking.pl?AWB=9512704052 except change that 10 digit number at the end to your one.

(your one will be in the address of the link that expansys provide to you)

roarlad wrote: »
    yeah I had the exact same issue, I emailed expansys straight away and told them that the link was broken, I received an email from DHL showing the detail soon after.

thanks roarlad, I did the same as you and emailed them I'll see what they say when they get back to me.
    btw, try using this link

http://www.dhl.com/cgi-bin/tracking.pl?AWB=9512704052 except change that 10 digit number at the end to your one.

(your one will be in the address of the link that expansys provide to you)

tried that and got no information availible, lol it doesnt look its my day :pac:

thanks for both posts roarlad they've been very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Been on the hunt for a white european model since launch & was having no luck unti today, found a seller in Greece who has them & who has assured me its a european model (he also has 100% feedback on ebay with a rating of 61....selling various camera & iphones etc from his shop & all the buyer comments are very positive)

If bought from Greece the warranty still stands in Irish Nokia Service Points yes?

Just cant seem to find a white one anywhere in the UK as they must have all gone to Phones4U due to the exclusive contract deal they have with Nokia or something :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Been on the hunt for a white european model since launch & was having no luck unti today, found a seller in Greece who has them & who has assured me its a european model (he also has 100% feedback on ebay with a rating of 61....selling various camera & iphones etc from his shop & all the buyer comments are very positive)

If bought from Greece the warranty still stands in Irish Nokia Service Points yes?

Just cant seem to find a white one anywhere in the UK as they must have all gone to Phones4U due to the exclusive contract deal they have with Nokia or something :mad:

Warranty from all of europe is fine.

White is more limited, but still available sim free, so not floating around as much.

ok heres what i did.my n97 shipped from clove yesterday.arrived in dublin depot this morning.then fedex were going to pass it on to their irsh couriers and i wouldnt have it till tuesday.So i said feck that and after 2 hours of phone calls and faxes fedex agreed to release it to my courier company who just picked it up in dublin and bringing it down to me tonight.Yahoo....
    Just a quick question is their a new fw update out as it would be handy to install this before copying all contacts etc over

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Pulse8 wrote: »

Ask for the Product Code so you can check that it actually is a European model!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ask for the Product Code so you can check that it actually is a European model!

Product codes can be changed easily, what you need to ask for is the imei

griffdaddy wrote: »
    I saw an n97 for sale 'as new' in one of those asian phone shops on Moore St today for 249€. I was obviously highly suspicious of the price but didn't go in to check if it was fake or not. All the other phones they have there are genuine, and have genuine prices to match, I.e. a new sim free n96 is 350. If anyone fancies checking it out it's the first one on moore street on the right as you come from Henry street and it's in the window. I read that there's a lot of fakes around already, but most of these places sell genuine phones, obviously if something seems too good to be true it is and all that, just a heads up.
    Hmmm seems dodgey really!

Davy wrote: »
    Product codes can be changed easily, what you need to ask for is the imei
    Ok if you want to be more specific....ask for a picture of the white sticker underneath the batterey!!

ok heres what i did.my n97 shipped from clove yesterday.arrived in dublin depot this morning.then fedex were going to pass it on to their irsh couriers and i wouldnt have it till tuesday.So i said feck that and after 2 hours of phone calls and faxes fedex agreed to release it to my courier company who just picked it up in dublin and bringing it down to me tonight.Yahoo....
    Just a quick question is their a new fw update out as it would be handy to install this before copying all contacts etc over

New fw is not out yet, the good thing N97 has UDP, which means you can still update the Fw and all your data will be untouched, eg message, notes , setting, contacts etc.
    I have tested it myself.

Just to be on safe side, for now you can transfer your contacts then go to option mark them all and copy them as a buisness card to memory, so just incase anythg goes wrong you still have them on ph and you can copy back.
    For Notes send them as a message and save them , then it's just copy paste :)
    message always save them in Mass memory, then you have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stump811

Hey I got mine last saturday direct from Nokia in Manchester nice phone alright still playing with it

stump811 wrote: »
    Hey I got mine last saturday direct from Nokia in Manchester nice phone alright still playing with it

How did you managed to get 1 direct from Nokia, did you buy it over the counter or online??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stump811

Ya I bought It over the counter was over for work and my n95 was kaput so I said why not I'll pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Maybe 3 Ireland won't be too far behind given the competition of the iPhone 3gS - http://threestore.three.co.uk/priceplans.aspx?phonecode=NON97B3DSL

ok i've been messing around with it for a few hours, someone mentioned earlier in the thread about setting order of preferences for internet connections.. ie wifi then 3g etc..
    how do you edit this? I've had a look around in the menus,
    also it took a while to find the mac address for the phone so I could add it to my router settings..
    if anyone else was looking for it:
    *#62209526#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

looks like the little elves in china have been busy making clones, they're already for sale: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84923

i'm guessing that's what's on moore street. :(

seems like they have dual sim capability, so that would be a dead giveaway.

Advertisement