Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

gearoidol wrote: »
    thor will you list the steps please

do you loose all the data ,contacts messages etc

whats nss ?

Download from here
    http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_2

it's flashing software to change the product code, You won't loose anythg as n97 has udp.
    Wait for thor for step by step instruction or search google, make sure you enter the product code right and don't have any operater branded phone else you will brick your ph. good luck

Thor wrote: »
    did it myself and it worked fine.

also did it on my mates phone and it went without a hitch.

remember to update nss before changing the product code.

new update does seems alot less glitchy. no new features from what i can see but defo fixed the whole it not illuminating when unlocking problem.

if anyone wants me to check a specific problem just ask.

Does contacts has kinectic scrolling or was it just hoax?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

change to euro worked perfect.thnx for the help guys.on the latest fw now lets hope coverage improves but i doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hi all,
    im thinking of getting the N97 im curently with 3 on the old contract 750 mins which will be up next month.

i have been looking on there uk website where there selling the phone for around £146 for a 12 month contract anyone got any ideas how much they will be looking for the n97 here?

also just something i noticed while on the 3 uk website my monthly plan works out at 80 euro the same in the uk is around 48 euro talk about been ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

sbhatia wrote: »
    Does contacts has kinectic scrolling or was it just hoax?

no it still has the same scolling.

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    im thinking of getting the N97 im curently with 3 on the old contract 750 mins which will be up next month.

i have been looking on there uk website where there selling the phone for around £146 for a 12 month contract anyone got any ideas how much they will be looking for the n97 here?

also just something i noticed while on the 3 uk website my monthly plan works out at 80 euro the same in the uk is around 48 euro talk about been ripped off.

If you want the rough estimate then compare it to N96 and llok at n96 pricing, that's what i was told. Talk 350 = €499
    No idea about Talk 750 i say about 299.

Just had a quick look, they don't seem to have N96 anymore.
    That's most expensive ph they have
    http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/htc-tytn2-black-relax-350.htm
    will give you bit of idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Just had a quick look, they don't seem to have N96 anymore.
    That's most expensive ph they have

hi sbhatia,

I just checked with 3 online and the n96 is still availble on my price plan for 299 i just hope the n97 is no more than 350 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

will the n97 be coming out with meteor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

As much as I hate to perpetuate 'Ripoff Ireland'....

Expansys.ie - 650eur

Expansys.ca - $881 (540eur)

/is living in Canada...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jambooirl

Hi every one. could any one possibly have any idea about a website that sells nokias n97, im not really sure if its trustworthy or not..the website is www.fizi.com. any ideas guys?. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jambooirl wrote: »
    Hi every one. could any one possibly have any idea about a website that sells nokias n97, im not really sure if its trustworthy or not..the website is www.fizi.com. any ideas guys?. thanks

Any of the sites listed here are above board:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59477812&postcount=2

A thing that strikes me about that site, the products ship from hong kong. The phone number is a uk one, and then they have the prices in euro. If it comes from HK you will be done for customs, so wont be saving any money in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

any1 get any nice screen protector for their n97. How do they look and are they noticeable? Any links please

Thanks Davy, i really wasnt aware of the customs thing, and thanks for the online websites list.
    Davy wrote: »
    Any of the sites listed here are above board:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59477812&postcount=2

A thing that strikes me about that site, the products ship from hong kong. The phone number is a uk one, and then they have the prices in euro. If it comes from HK you will be done for customs, so wont be saving any money in the grand scheme of things.

gearoidol wrote: »
    any1 get any nice screen protector for their n97. How do they look and are they noticeable? Any links please

ebay is your oyster : http://cgi.ebay.ie/6-PACK-SCREEN-PROTECTOR-FOR-NOKIA-N97_W0QQitemZ380133906737QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries?hash=item5881bf1931&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1301|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

I have one on mine, and doesnt effect the screen in any way that i noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

I see alot of "unwanted upgrades" are currently cropping up on ebay marked as unlocked....anyone any idea if they are indeed unlocked or have the UK networks done a number on them?

Also any reports on if Vodafone / Orange / T-Mobile have stuck their own firmware on them???

Pulse8 wrote: »
    I see alot of "unwanted upgrades" are currently cropping up on ebay marked as unlocked....anyone any idea if they are indeed unlocked or have the UK networks done a number on them?

Also any reports on if Vodafone / Orange / T-Mobile have stuck their on firmware on them???

Most uk phones are sold unlocked already. If the seller is claiming its unlocked, that it needs to be or you can make a claim.

Yeah but say its an upgrade from T-mobile...would they not have it locked to the network?
    Bloke im talking to says its unlocked so am taking his word for it

Only thing im worried about is bein stuck with crappy network firmware.....only reason im trawling the ebay minefield is that i cant seem to source a sim free UK white model anywhere else + i havnt enough patience to wait for my mate in london to pick me up 1 in the nokia store on saturday & post it over!!

Yeah but say its an upgrade from T-mobile...would they not have it locked to the network?

Only thing im worried about is bein stuck with crappy network firmware.....only reason im trawling the ebay minefield is that i cant seem to source a sim free UK white model anywhere else + i havnt enough patience to wait for my mate in london to pick me up 1 in the nokia store on saturday & post it over!!

Well if he is saying its unlocked, it has to be. 'Needs to arrive as described'

It most likely is unlocked, and possibly unbranded also. This often happens with the first batch of phones. T-mobile phones are often network locked, but most likely on the next batch they order.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

So you're confident that an ebay seller will sell and send you one that may have operator firmware on it and may be unlocked faster than your mate can pick up a genuine unlocked sim free version on Saturday.......Dream on!

• Advertisement

i know i know....having patience is not one of my talents though!

If i wait for my man in the UK to get me one chances are he cant post it till Monday so wont get it till around Weds/Thurs maybe then at the earliest + Im off to Oxegen then & wont get a proper chance to play with it.....f**king Nokia Ireland & their backward release schedule pisses me right off!! :mad:

i know i know....having patience is not one of my talents though!

If i wait for my man in the UK to get me one chances are he cant post it till Monday so wont get it till around Weds/Thurs maybe then at the earliest + Im off to Oxegen then & wont get a proper chance to play with it.....f**king Nokia Ireland & their backward release schedule pissed me right off!! :mad:

Get him to get it saturday, and post it same day dhl, ups or fedex and you will have it monday

hmmm not a bad idea....gonna look into that, theres surely some spots that do that kinda thing around central london open on a saturday....thanks for the idea :)

im really wishing to get the white n97 but cant find it on any of the trusted websites in uk.. HELP PLEASE.lol:D

Join the club.....!!!

Also re above: just looked at any drop off points for Fedex etc in central London.....none open on Saturdays Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

jambooirl wrote: »
    im really wishing to get the white n97 but cant find it on any of the trusted websites in uk.. HELP PLEASE.lol:D

phones 4u got an exclusive deal in the uk

Davy wrote: »
    phones 4u got an exclusive deal in the uk

Thanks man, im looking for the sim free fone, besides, the deals are in the uk and im in ireland.:(

I even considered ringing up one of the Phones4U stores in the north to see if they'd do mail order on a sim free one as saw it mentioned on here that a few people had gotten them non contract from there, very much doubt they'd do that though :(

Dosnt seem to be any official Nokia store in Belfast either & I believe the one that used to be in Dawson Street is now an o2 store??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Expansys.ca is selling the EU version for approx 530eur...

• Advertisement

i think the nokia N97 price has been reduced on expansys.ie, am i right or im seeing things?lol:p

Advertisement