Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

look around the net, there's plenty of poeple offering to do it for anything from 20-50€, but personally i wouldn't trust any of them as far as i could throw them.

actual forums seem to suggest that there's some kind of new encryption preventing easy unlocking using existing methods, which would make sense given the phones price tag and the fact it's a flagship phone but i doubt very much that it will stay un-unlockable for too long given past history.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robbie_62

Hi Guys,

Just noticed on Pixmania.ie last night they have black N97 for €539 ?

Can anyone confirm if they have seen it cheaper as I can get it for €484 Ex Vat from Pixmania (Thank God I can put it through my own Company !)

Cheers Guys

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robbie_62

OK,So I couldnt wait any longer !

PhonesOnline.ie have the N97 for €599,Works out at €493 Ex Vat

Went for the white one as ive always had black so I fancied a change,

Hopefully should arrive tomorrow !

Will let you know how it goes when I receive it,

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

They are going for under €500 on ebay. Some of them are for sale auction style at about €200 to €400 at the moment with a few days left

Boxfresh wrote: »
    They are going for under €500 on ebay. Some of them are for sale auction style at about €200 to €400 at the moment with a few days left
    there are several fake/clone n97's doing the rounds online so i wouldn't trust ebay AT ALL with that kind of purchase imho. despite what their spin doctors would have you believe about less than 1% fake goods on ebay, piracy, cloning and generally fakery/dodgyness are rife on there these days and they don't give two s**ts about it because it's making them a shedload of money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Boxfresh wrote: »

Xanthor states obvious just in case.

If you're going to buy a phone from eBay, pay for it from your credit card balance. eBay/Paypal will do about jack sh!t to help you if you get the shaft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

o2 shops are saying that the n97 will be available from them from Monday August 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

gpf101 wrote: »
    Out on 02 first week of August... from 379.99 on prepay!

It's hard to believe how they can sell the N97 for that price compared to the N95 8GB at €549? Not a bad complaint I suppose :)

http://www.o2online.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/O2ProductDisplayView?storeId=10001&langId=-1&enableAddToCartBtn=true&catalogId=10001&phoneId=92009&flowType=S&productId=92009&newFlag=&partNumber=35206102&wcmArea==

i have a sneaky feeling the n95 8gb price might well nose dive once the n97 is out here, so it might be a good time to pick up a bargain. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i wonder what price 3 will be selling the N97 for there still selling the N96 for 330euro on there relax 650 plan.

if its any more than 450 i reckon i would be better off going sim free i suspose i could try&haggle im out of contract at present.
    and was told by a guy in the 3 store that they(call ctnr) will try and hold onto you no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

vibe666 wrote: »
    i have a sneaky feeling the n95 8gb price might well nose dive once the n97 is out here, so it might be a good time to pick up a bargain. :)

That price for an 18 month to 2 year old phone is a bit cheeky. I don't think it cost me much more at launch than some networks are charging for it now.

i paid 200 quid for the original n95 off o2 about 6 months after it came out and had a few problems with it and they wouldn't give me a new one, just a refurb unit, even though i had full insurance and it hadn't been right since day one.

strangely enough it had a very fatal accident under the wheels of a car a little while later and when i got on to them about a replacement under the insurance they offered to upgrade me to the newer 8gb one for 30 notes, so i took that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

From an official on o2.ie

"As an update guys I would like to let you know that the N97 will be out in the first week of August!
    Prices start at €379.99 on Prepay and €199 on O2 Clear 350. More pricing details will follow next week."

€199 sweet, i wonder is that just for 18 months? what ye reckon 12 months, €249?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

DRice wrote: »
    From an official on o2.ie

"As an update guys I would like to let you know that the N97 will be out in the first week of August!
    Prices start at €379.99 on Prepay and €199 on O2 Clear 350. More pricing details will follow next week."

€199 sweet, i wonder is that just for 18 months? what ye reckon 12 months, €249?

Excuse my ignorance but is O2 Clear 350 Bill pay?? And if not how much do you reckon bill would be??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

jesus that destroys the price i was quoted by 3 of 450euro... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

"Prices start at €379.99 on Prepay"
    is prepay
    "and €199 on O2 Clear 350"
    is billpay

Just went in there to O2 to ask about it , the guy in there didn't seem to have a clue... Asked its due out the first week in august right? he replied..' Ermm ahhh we'r not sure yet when the exact date is but if you come back in next week we'l know' in other words i dont have a clue i like to drag out my sentences go ask someone someother time!

I said could i put a deposit down or if they could keep me one cos i don't want to be waiting longer for it if the first lot of stock is gone and he said he can't because he doesnt have the stock yet!! :confused:

So i'm going to go in next week and get it....

I'v got one for my girlfriend two weeks ago and i can vouch that this is an amazing phone and well better then the iphone! Only wish i kept it myself then giving it to her! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 XY

Turns out that the 379 (prepay) and 199 (postpay) prices for the N97 on O2are wrong ... the O2 forum has been updated with the new prices

Prepay
    First time & Upgrade - €529.99

Postpay
    Clear 350 €399.00 (€349 with a port in)
    Clear 175 €429.00 (€399 with a port in)
    Clear 50/Unlimited €449.00 (€419 with a port in)

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=65958&postcount=25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Looks like a Nokia N97 'Mini' might be in the making. Interesting?

minin9701-07-29-09.jpg

minin9702-07-29-09.jpg

• Advertisement

XY wrote: »
    Postpay

What are the differences between these??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

XY wrote: »
    Turns out that the 379 (prepay) and 199 (postpay) prices for the N97 on O2are wrong ... the O2 forum has been updated with the new prices

Prepay
    First time & Upgrade - €529.99

Postpay

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=65958&postcount=25

knew it was too good to be true :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What do you mean :confused:, one price is for renewing a contract, and the other is a price switching from another network

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

they are just different price plan.
    Clear 350 and clear 175 and so on.

I knew that it was too good to be true but still think €529.99 is good price as i paid €649 just over a month ago. No regerts still prefer sim free :D

Davy wrote: »
    What do you mean :confused:, one price is for renewing a contract, and the other is a price switching from another network

Like i mean the difference between the 175, 350 and 50/unlimited?

i'm bill pay O2 at the moment so which one would i need?

Looks like I'll be switching back to 02 so, have ants in my pants for this phone!
    What does "with a port in" mean?

What plan are you on at the moment?

SQ2 wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be switching back to 02 so, have ants in my pants for this phone!
    What does "with a port in" mean?

Switching from another network. So since your not on o2 your fine, just port your same number to o2, and sign up to billpay and you get the reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

All you need to know is here.
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Price+plans/Pay+monthly/O2+Clear+Plans/

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Switching from another network. So since your not on o2 your fine, just port your same number to o2, and sign up to billpay and you get the reduced price.

Of course, gotcha!

What programs are there that work with the phone to help reduce costs of using it? I tried fring with my old n95 8gb (r.i.p.) but it never really worked.. I'm trying to justify to myself (& the missus!) paying that money in a recession for a phone the price of a pc! If I'm saving money on my calls and texts with it on clear 350 I'll be pretty happy.. using Vodafone live was 99c at the most per day, what's the equiv with 02?
    Cheers!

Advertisement