Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

SQ2 wrote: »
    Of course, gotcha!

What programs are there that work with the phone to help reduce costs of using it? I tried fring with my old n95 8gb (r.i.p.) but it never really worked.. I'm trying to justify to myself (& the missus!) paying that money in a recession for a phone the price of a pc! If I'm saving money on my calls and texts with it on clear 350 I'll be pretty happy.. using Vodafone live was 99c at the most per day, what's the equiv with 02?
    Cheers!

o2 have 250mb a month for €7.50 on bill pay if that suits your needs better, or if not, they do have the 99cent a day for 50mb. Note they dont charge you the 99cent straight anyway, its 2cent a kb untill 99cent, then pay nothing untill you reach the 50mb limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

If anybody is looking for 8gb memory card.
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-8GB-Micro-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-4

It's really cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

sbhatia wrote: »
    If anybody is looking for 8gb memory card.
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Lexar/Lexar-8GB-Micro-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-4

It's really cheap.

its alright. about the going rate for 8GB i think

towel401 wrote: »
    its alright. about the going rate for 8GB i think

it works out about 13 euro cheaper if you buy from here. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Right are Customer care aware this phone is coming to 02 or do the 02 forums lie as got the the below mail from 02 customer service

In response to your query, I regret any disappointment felt that the below handset is currently not part of our range and is not in testing.

Please log onto www.o2.ie for further updates.

I hope this is of assistance to you.

Kind Regards

O2 Customer Care
    CCMA Contact Centre of the Year 2008

• Advertisement

The agent probably didnt know or didnt want to be giving out info that they didnt think was allowed to be sent. This kinda stuff happens a lot, even in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

kerno wrote: »

ffs 399 to 499 :mad::mad:

what happened to 199????

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

kerno wrote: »

Does anyone know if they fixed the texting on the keyboard yet??

What's wrong with the texting on the keyboard? I haven't noticed any problem. ?

DRice wrote: »
    ffs 399 to 499 :mad::mad:

what happened to 199????

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61380306&postcount=951

First prices were wrong,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

if i get a n97 sim free and put in my three ireland pay monthly sim, will i still be able to use free msn messenger, skype, etc?

If so? how? is it just a case of going on to planet 3 and downloading msn and skype for the n97?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

just taught i would throw this comment in here.

the rumors about vodafone getting the 'n97 mini' that were said a month ago might be true.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/29/nokia-n97-mini-gets-pictured-in-the-wild/

there is a picture of it.

wonder if the specs have been crippled in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

if i get a n97 sim free and put in my three ireland pay monthly sim, will i still be able to use free msn messenger, skype, etc?

If so? how? is it just a case of going on to planet 3 and downloading msn and skype for the n97?

hey mate.

have three on my n97 at the moment.

as off now msn doesnt work(application from three wont install)must have to be updated first).

there skype won't download but i did find a version off theres of the net that works perfect. just install and choose 3 ireland and it will work fine.

hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

So when will we get an official word on the prepaid price or even if O2 are going to do it prepaid? I know the forum say so, but there’s nothing like having things official! I have the N95 8GB and I love it but the N97 just looks the mutt’s nuts. It’s not that I want this phone, I feel I need it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

so, just been in carphone warehouse in the pavillions in swords and they said to expect it out on 3 in a week or so and (get this bit), that they knew for a fact that finglas got some in on vodafone (duno if they meant carphone warehouse in finglas or vodafone in finglas)... may be worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

splinter wrote: »
    so, just been in carphone warehouse in the pavillions in swords and they said to expect it out on 3 in a week or so and (get this bit), that they knew for a fact that finglas got some in on vodafone (duno if they meant carphone warehouse in finglas or vodafone in finglas)... may be worth checking out
    nah youre grand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Vodafone Blanch siad

"Not sure...no date ...maybe september...fixing bugs, !!!"

lots of info from VF there eh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Looks like VF will be offering the full N97 as well...

I'm on Vodafone bill pay. Bought my N97 simfree 2 weeks ago. When I logged into my acct on the VF web page to register my new phone details, The only option I could choose was N96. I had to log in today and they are now also offering the N97 as an option. It's the only place on VF.ie that mentions the N97....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

Italia wrote: »
    Looks like VF will be offering the full N97 as well...
    What do ya mean by full N97?

What do ya mean by full N97?

There is a rumour That N97 Mini is on the way too.
    http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/009/07/n97_mini_spotted_in_the_wild.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Was told today in the VF shop in Newbridge that they would only be getting the N97 lite, and they were pretty pissed about it!(As was I as I'm on Vodafone)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

So which network is better for this phone guys O2 or 3?

Which network has more reliable internet?
    Which is more reliable for webtexts
    will be going for about 50 euro with extra data bundle on either network
    which is network better for using the phone as a PC modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

vodafone has always been the best for data, but they are expensive for calls compared to the other networks. imho the best balance of reliability, speed, coverage and price is curreently o2 and as such they suit me almost perfectly for my n97.

i know three have a long history of problems with data access, but those may have been sorted out since the last time i considered using them as a mobile provider.vodafone has always been the best for data, but they are expensive for calls compared to the other networks. imho the best balance of reliability, speed, coverage and price is currently o2 and as such they suit me almost perfectly for my n97.

i know three have a long history of problems with data access, but those may have been sorted out since the last time i considered using them as a mobile provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭vsat

For what it's worth, I had N95 on O2 and worked a treat, emails , web, excellent.
    then went to three, could only receive email and web when inside 3g coverage, could not even check email on 2g, but with O2 could check all the time. Only small problem, but for business and checking web info it causes me problems, so when my contact expires with three, back to O2.

regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Was in carphone warehouse today and they had them out on display, only pricing for O2, saying €520 on prepay or €365 on bill pay. That's all I could see, dunno if that's old news but thought i'd say it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Do you know if they had the actual phones in stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

Do you know if they had the actual phones in stock?

Nope, i was in carphone warehouse on grafton today. They only had a dummy black one on display. When I asked when it is out, they said they hope to have them in on Monday. Doubt they will to be honest:confused: especially with it being a bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

O2 will notify you here
    when it's available

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Was thinking of getting this unlocked but would like to know:
    Is their much apps out for this?
    Iphone has a lot of home made mods for it to play old games etc,would this be ever made for the n97?
    Also whats the battery life like on this?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

rejkin wrote: »
    Also whats the battery life like on this?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before.
    Hi
    I bought the simfree version. As far as I am concerned, best move I ever made even though I'm a bill pay VF customer.
    Not too sure of apps, but if you trollthrough this thread, you will find several posts with links to various sites. From one of these, I picked up Profimail (email application) which works very well, for my needs (9-10 accts, including Hotmail).

Battery life..... YMMV. Depends on what you have running and how much you use the phone. When I first got the phone 2 weeks ago, suffering from a bad rush of blood to the head, I had everything running.... You name it, I had it running :D With moderate use, I got less than 1 day out of the battery.
    Now I have just email & BT, the odd mp3 song as well as moderate phone usage, and I get just short of 3 full days

Advertisement