Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

Elessar wrote: »
    When you say you "hacked it" what do you mean?

hack means after that you can install any unsigned app and apply lots of patches.
    Its something like jailbreaking to install unsigned cracked app.
    Mine is hacked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

sbhatia wrote: »
    hack means after that you can install any unsigned app and apply lots of patches.
    Its something like jailbreaking to install unsigned cracked app.
    Mine is hacked too.

I didn't realise there was a hacking community for the N97! What sort of patches are available?

Elessar wrote: »
    I didn't realise there was a hacking community for the N97! What sort of patches are available?

the best patch would be installserver, which will let you install any app. There are lots of other like camera, sound etc which i am not intersted.
    Go to hellox2.com , thats the best hack available.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

the best patch would be installserver, which will let you install any app. There are lots of other like camera, sound etc which i am not intersted.
    Go to hellox2.com , thats the best hack available.

Link dosnt work for me??

Litlle bit confused still when you say itll allow you to install any app....you mean like on the iphone where you patch it, then all apps that are in the app store can be downloaded from a 3rd party somewhere else & installed for free?

Also what do these "camera" & "sound" apps consist of?

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Link dosnt work for me??

Litlle bit confused still when you say itll allow you to install any app....you mean like on the iphone where you patch it, then all apps that are in the app store can be downloaded from a 3rd party somewhere else & installed for free?

Also what do these "camera" & "sound" apps consist of?

Here is the Link.
    http://helloox2.com/

It's slightly different then iphone, First you hack the phone then apply the patch, then you look for the application (Lots of forum have huge list of cracked apps.)
    then install.
    Yes you can install them for free, if you have symbian cert related for your phone then it's totally free if not then you get the signed version for merly 5 dollars then everything else is free.
    Any more question feel free to ask .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

i rang o2 and they not too sure about the firmware update and fair play they were helpfull , i then rang a nokia service center and they said they wouldnt be sure but I just want to be able update my own one . And dont get me wrong its unreal ha changed my iphone for it so user friendle and touch is so responsive compared to 5800.

Proof On new Firmware is around the corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Johndman

you will have to get a developers cert to install helloOx 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Proof On new Firmware is around the corner.

Heard it will be the end of the month :)

Johndman wrote: »
    you will have to get a developers cert to install helloOx 2

Or you can buy signed version for $5 from Helloox site.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »

Yeah and Kinetic scrolling is coming as well. great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Davy wrote: »

hope your right i'm loving the phone just the backlight bug is the annoying thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Was in CPW during the week and was enquiring about an upgrade with meteor and was told the N97 will be available on meteor by the end of the month.
    Anybody reckon this is true?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Is it possible to debrand and unlock the N97 at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Show_me_Safety

megapixel wrote: »
    Was in CPW during the week and was enquiring about an upgrade with meteor and was told the N97 will be available on meteor by the end of the month.
    Anybody reckon this is true?:confused:
    Thank you for your email.

Further to your query I can advise that at present there is no release date set for this handset on the Meteor network.

If you are planning on purchasing a new handset, a full range of our phones can be found on our website www.meteor.ie. You can also call into any of our Meteor stores and a representative can advise you on the most suitable handset for your needs. A list of our stores can be found at http://www.meteor.ie/personal/where_to_buy/

Please contact us with any further queries on free phone 1905 or info@meteor.ie

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Customer Care Administration Department
    Meteor Mobile Communications
    Ph: 1905
    Email: info@meteor.ie

that's an email i recieved today...take what ya want from it!!!
    Meteor DunLoaghaire said 1-3months so i dunno really - i'd love this to come out on meteor...especially now that o2 don't want me as a customer lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Johndman wrote: »
    I have my N97 nearly 2 months now and i am so happy,i was luckily the first person in the republic to have the device.Have the White Uk version,love it to pieces.Latest firmware and hacked to perfection.

If anyone has any questions about anything feel free
    just out of curiosity, when did you get yours, how much did you pay and where did you get it? (if that's not too personal). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Johndman

vibe666 wrote: »
    just out of curiosity, when did you get yours, how much did you pay and where did you get it? (if that's not too personal). :)

not personal at all,got it sent to my cousins house in finland who lives near the nokia factory who shipped it here,paid alot on postage but worth having it before anyone.Cant remember the exact date.I paid for it on the 3rd of june via credit card over the phone and got it on the 26th.

oh ya totally payment was 580e for the device,unlocked

Then you are not the 1st in the republic to have this ph.
    I think vibe got his on 18th and i got on 19th. If you go through this thread you will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Then you are not the 1st in the republic to have this ph.
    I think vibe got his on 18th and i got on 19th. If you go through this thread you will see.
    lol, didn't want to rub it in. :)

(okay, yes I did!) :D

it is a great phone though, although I'm currently suffering from "the widcomm curse" with bluetooth connectivity to my PC being very sketchy on the n97 and since some fecker at work stole my microUSB cable i'm left with BT only for now.

was esp. a PITA yesterday when I had one bar left on my battery and no cable to charge it with. :(

thankfully i remembered i was using the old charger to microUSB dongle in the car so i borrowed an old charger from someone else and used that with the dongle.

i've ordered 2 el cheapo cables off ebay now, just to be on the safe side.

it's great that all the mobile companies decided on a standard cable for charging and data etc. but i really wish they'd picked something that everybody already had!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Yeah and Kinetic scrolling is coming as well. great.

Really?! You're phone won't have to be hacked for this right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Over on Meteor forum they say that it's coming soon
    Hi BigRed,

Yes we will be getting the Nokia N97. It is going through final testing and we hope to release it in early September.

Hope this helps

Glynn
    Meteor talk to us team

Link

Really?! You're phone won't have to be hacked for this right?

No that will be the part of firmware upgrade, Nokia has already done this on nokia 5530 express music( Same operating system) and i really hope that comes in N97 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

that would be great news if it happens, will be keeping my fingers crossed for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sorry if this has been asked before.. but can you get QWERTY keyboard on screen when texting, emailing etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Nope, just your standard numerical keypad for texting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

thomasj wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before.. but can you get QWERTY keyboard on screen when texting, emailing etc..

No only the normal numerical layout on screen although I am pretty sure I saw an app on the net that does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Vodafone Blanch are now telling that VF will have the N97 in 2 weeks!!

No exact date......but the guy remembered me from asking 2 weeks back....
    so he might be guessing....
    He says that VF are still testing the phone , and don't want to release it with bugs "like the other networks"

cramp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

cramp wrote: »
    "like the other networks"

cramp

Translation, we're adding software with our own bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Lads i'm just wondering what the deal with the 'O2 packet data' is!

i have my admin settings for it switched to 'when needed' but it keeps switching on randomally and i have to hold down the call cancel key to end the packet data off everytime i notice its on!

i figured out that it switches on when i get an email in my hotmail inbox and my phone makes a sound indicating i have an email! (all email and facebook widgets are off my homescreen)

So im just wondering how do i switch it off completely for good because im afraid im being charged every time it switches on!

Am i being charged for it!?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Yes you are defo being charged for that, Why not have a data add-on of 250 mb?
    If you say hotmail then what app you use that for? Nokia messaging, profimail etc.
    Sounds like you have push notification on, turn that off and set it to manual so you can check it whenever you want.

Advertisement