Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Spoke to the bloke in my local NSP yesterday & he said nokia are said to be sorting out the ridiculous C drive space issue with V20 firmware which is due in Sept (week 38)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭nigeloconnor

Does anyone see any issue with buying an N97 in Canada/U.S? I know it was talked about early in this thread but wondering if anyone has bought one over there?

My N96 is fcuked.. moisture damage from a damp towel.. fickle pieces of technology!!! grrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Lads does anyone know if there are going to be any better apps coming for the N97. Most of the stuff on Ovistore is absolute rubbish and a rip-off. Will we ever see something like iPhone with 1000's of apps ? Any news on new widgets as I noticed that there are very few available. No Irish or BBC, Sky widgets is a pretty poor showing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Eventually found a c2z patch that worked, needed to get one made for v12
    Anyone know of a theme fx that contains loads of features?
    I've got one running thats like snow in the background, nice but not great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

I have a O2 N97 locked to that network and everything including widgets are working fine!

Cheers for your time!

Do your widgets that connect to the internet (especially accuweather), refresh themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robbie_62

Hi Guys,

Had my N97 White for a month now and its working great,

Just one quick question,have any of you managed to use the Radio ?

Everytime I try to Scan it doesnt find any stations ?

N95 used to do this perfectly ,

Am I missing something ?

Cheers

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

robbie_62 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Had my N97 White for a month now and its working great,

Just one quick question,have any of you managed to use the Radio ?

Everytime I try to Scan it doesnt find any stations ?

N95 used to do this perfectly ,

Am I missing something ?

Cheers

Rob

Find them manually and then save it, Fm 104.4 has bit of problem finding it allright.

Quick question lads....was tinkering about with different transition hacks last night & like an idiot I deleted my whole "resources" folder on the C drive....then when I went back to the menu my maps & ovi store icons were missing,so I assumed I had done something retarded & did a hard reset

Worked out pretty much in my favour as Ive now 48mb of space free on the C drive where as before I only had 38mb

Anyway....question is....Im trying to connect to the ovi store via Vodafone Live but it just keeps trying to connect & eventually tells me "cannot connect to server"
    Now it definitely worked before but I think I was using wifi to connect to it....so Ive come to the conclusion that the ovi store (like Fring & some other apps) can only be accessed through vodafine isp or else Im still missing something important that may not have been reinstalled in the hard reset

Anyone any idea & is it possible to reinstall the ovi store app??
    Have googled it but couldnt find much about reinstalling the actual store app itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Quick and stupid question. Is the Maps application that comes on the N97 the same app as OVI maps downloaded from here, http://europe.nokia.com/explore-services/maps/mapsmain??

• Advertisement

irlmarc wrote: »
    Quick and stupid question. Is the Maps application that comes on the N97 the same app as OVI maps downloaded from here, http://europe.nokia.com/explore-services/maps/mapsmain??

Yeah it's same, But N97 works better with nokia maps 2.0, which i am using, if you want download link for maps or app let me know.

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Quick question lads....was tinkering about with different transition hacks last night & like an idiot I deleted my whole "resources" folder on the C drive....then when I went back to the menu my maps & ovi store icons were missing,so I assumed I had done something retarded & did a hard reset

Worked out pretty much in my favour as Ive now 48mb of space free on the C drive where as before I only had 38mb

Anyway....question is....Im trying to connect to the ovi store via Vodafone Live but it just keeps trying to connect & eventually tells me "cannot connect to server"
    Now it definitely worked before but I think I was using wifi to connect to it....so Ive come to the conclusion that the ovi store (like Fring & some other apps) can only be accessed through vodafine isp or else Im still missing something important that may not have been reinstalled in the hard reset

Anyone any idea & is it possible to reinstall the ovi store app??
    Have googled it but couldnt find much about reinstalling the actual store app itself

Once you have reset the phone using *#73..# code, i will advise to reset it with 4 fingre salute which will get you c memory abt 60 mb and start from there. Ovi store links can be found easly on net,
    Just google ovi store s60v5.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Just use the s60 browser and point it to store.ovi.com & you should be promtpted to install the Ovi application even though the page will look nearly the same as the store app.

deep1 wrote: »
    Yeah it's same, But N97 works better with nokia maps 2.0, which i am using, if you want download link for maps or app let me know.

Why does it work better and yeah sure why not send me on a link there.

deep1 wrote: »
    Once you have reset the phone using *#73..# code, i will advise to reset it with 4 fingre salute which will get you c memory abt 60 mb and start from there. Ovi store links can be found easly on net,
    Just google ovi store s60v5.

Just realised i didnt have my vodafone live settings in right which was what was arsing it up on me

Whats 4 finger salute?

irlmarc wrote: »
    Why does it work better and yeah sure why not send me on a link there.

Nokia removed maps 3.0 from compatibility list for N97 because Gps works much better In maps 2.0, but i am back to 3.0 again because you can't use your naviagtion licence once you install 3.0 and go back to 2.0.

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Just realised i didnt have my vodafone live settings in right which was what was arsing it up on me

Whats 4 finger salute?
    http://mynokiablog.com/2009/07/18/how-to-hard-reset-your-nokia-n97/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Hey peeps,

Have updated to v11 and I thought that was going to fix the 'disappearing messages' issue, however just 30 mins ago all of my messages, inbox and sent disappeared... has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix it?!

This only ever happens to me sometimes when I conenct over USB the N97 reverts back to using C for message storage so all it looks like they are all gone! Maybe its the same for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

starting to get p*ssed off with the battery meter now.

ii know i only need to charge it every other day but i had a look last night around 11pm before i went to bed and the battery meter was STILL on full bars, 100%, even though i knew it was the 2nd night when i needed to charge it, but i thought hey, maybe v12 has some fancy new battery saving tech in it, so i'll see how long it goes.

i woke up this morning about 5 minutes ago and the phone was dead and did not even have enough charge to turn the thing on. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Does anyone know if Cabbage works on the N97 (with Vodafone)?
    I've had a look at the gsmarena webpage to see if it was compatible, but didn't see (and the possibility that I'm blind is NOT ruled out) any relevant info.
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just a quick note to say I got my N97 yesterday, I ordered it Thursday morning from phonesonline.ie and it arrive Friday afternoon, very please with their service and the phone.

Many thanks to the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Another thing, are there any Windows Live applications out there that have a widget that sits on the home screen? Nimbuzz doesn't seem to have this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Italia wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Cabbage works on the N97 (with Vodafone)?

Works on my n97 grand, on o2 but the network shouldn't be making a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

anyone got a download for the Ovi suite software, my dvd player is broken on my PC and I cant access the software!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Davy wrote: »
    Works on my n97 grand, on o2 but the network shouldn't be making a difference.

Thanks. Appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

New youtube app upgrade out, which gets rid of the sidebar during a video.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61737689&postcount=16

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Davy wrote: »
    New youtube app upgrade out, which gets rid of the sidebar during a video.
    nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Johndman

havent been on much

Heres a video to calibrate your compass in 3 seconds,it works

Advertisement