Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Any update on when meteor are releasing this....

Anybody care to guess how much it will be??

I'm so jealous reading this thread....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mike Zhou

Shane_O wrote: »
    Whats happening with the N97? Cant seem to find much on it other than it looks unreal!!!
    Or would the 5800 be a good compromise??
    i like N97, too. it is very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

Any sign of the qwert virtual keyboard on the n97? Thats one of the reasons i picked the 5800 over it at the time,am not that keen on the keyboard of the n97 ...and theres a fairly secure slot to insert the stylus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Any one hear when firmware is out for o2. The bugs are really starting to annoy me. All my messages disappeared yesterday, including emails and all settings. Sometimes you can't select contacts. The backlight issue, crashes. Totally ridiculous we're on firmware from the 15th May.................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

hey got my n97 today. But i cant find where to get vodafone internet settings from. I have looked over the thread and found a way to do it in the settings wizard but the option for operator isnt there to get the settings from.

Anyone tell me how to input the settings manually?

On the n97 atm. Trying to get used to the keyboard. Not as easy as i thought it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

allen175 wrote: »
    hey got my n97 today. But i cant find where to get vodafone internet settings from. I have looked over the thread and found a way to do it in the settings wizard but the option for operator isnt there to get the settings from.

Anyone tell me how to input the settings manually?

On the n97 atm. Trying to get used to the keyboard. Not as easy as i thought it would be.

Just call Vodafone and they will send them to you. They dont have official one's for N97 but whatever they send via text works and I can attest to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Praetorian wrote: »
    Any one hear when firmware is out for o2. The bugs are really starting to annoy me. All my messages disappeared yesterday, including emails and all settings. Sometimes you can't select contacts. The backlight issue, crashes. Totally ridiculous we're on firmware from the 15th May.................

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4195&page=4

I've been waiting for an answer from them on this for a while too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Eldar doesn't like the mini !!

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n97mini-en.shtml

Have to say I don't either, I think saving a cm by removing the thumbpad is silly, and decreasing the memory to 8gb? I can't see where this will fit in to the price range here.

I've had a few problems with the camera app crashing over the past couple of days, I'm on V12 firmware. Anyone else getting this??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Moriarty wrote: »
    http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4195&page=4

I've been waiting for an answer from them on this for a while too :)

Registered and asked about it as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I've had mine 5 days now and not a single crash or bug yet. Lovin it so far. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,127 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lafors wrote: »
    Eldar doesn't like the mini !!

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n97mini-en.shtml

Have to say I don't either, I think saving a cm by removing the thumbpad is silly, and decreasing the memory to 8gb? I can't see where this will fit in to the price range here.

I've had a few problems with the camera app crashing over the past couple of days, I'm on V12 firmware. Anyone else getting this??

what new phone is eldar on about? he refers to some spangly new phone i think from nokia throughout the article or is it the n900?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Cyrus wrote: »
    what new phone is eldar on about? he refers to some spangly new phone i think from nokia throughout the article or is it the n900?

It's N97 Mini.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

any further info on a 3 release? :( i have all the local stores hounded

deep1 wrote: »
    It's N97 Mini.

nah, this paragraph at the end

But worry not, Nokia is preparing a bunch of other touchscreen-enabled phones, some of which don’t carry thumbboards, yet target the same segment as the Nokia N97 Mini. One of them will be previewed tomorrow, and I think you’ll understand why the Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition and the Nokia N97 Mini have got a rival in the making and why Nokia will reveal only shortly before it lands on most markets

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

deep1 wrote: »
    It's N97 Mini.
    Cyrus wrote: »
    nah, this paragraph at the end

But worry not, Nokia is preparing a bunch of other touchscreen-enabled phones, some of which don’t carry thumbboards, yet target the same segment as the Nokia N97 Mini. One of them will be previewed tomorrow, and I think you’ll understand why the Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition and the Nokia N97 Mini have got a rival in the making and why Nokia will reveal only shortly before it lands on most markets

Its the 5230 he is talking about: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055661806

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Davy wrote: »

Yep, its the 5230, nokia released some info on it this morning.

Grrrr I just looked at my camera lens and I have 2 nice big scratches down it from the slider cover.

Sign the petition or digg it please, this is a joke having a "flagship" device with manufacturing faults like this!!
    Here's a pic of it.....(taken from a very old webcam :o )
    Picture2.jpg

you sure, he makes it sound more interesting than that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you sure it wasn't the n900, aka RX-51 (successor to the n800 & n810) internet tablet?

the specs on it baffle me completely. when is a tablet not a phone and a phone not a tablet?

seems to me like they mashed together the n97 and the n810 tablet and just did away with the funny angle on the screen.

is nokia's new strategy to just bring out loads of very similar devices that do almost exactly the same thing and look almost identical except for minor differences to make up prices differences?

actually, aside from a few exceptions, that's what they seem to have been doing all along, they just moved it up a notch because they got in on the touchscreen action a bit late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

vibe666 wrote: »
    you sure it wasn't the n900, aka RX-51 (successor to the n800 & n810) internet tablet?

the specs on it baffle me completely. when is a tablet not a phone and a phone not a tablet?

seems to me like they mashed together the n97 and the n810 tablet and just did away with the funny angle on the screen.

is nokia's new strategy to just bring out loads of very similar devices that do almost exactly the same thing and look almost identical except for minor differences to make up prices differences?

actually, aside from a few exceptions, that's what they seem to have been doing all along, they just moved it up a notch because they got in on the touchscreen action a bit late.

The major diff is that it runs a linux distro so I suppose from one point of view you could say its more versatile then a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Received mine from clove today. Had no seal and the battery does not sit properly on the camera end. Looks like its slightly ajar.
    Seems 3 are releasing theirs on the 31st.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Telgere wrote: »
    Received mine from clove today. Had no seal and the battery does not sit properly on the camera end. Looks like its slightly ajar.
    Seems 3 are releasing theirs on the 31st.
    where did ya find this out?

Mini Wibbs wrote: »
    where did ya find this out?

Shop assistant on grafton st.

I will believe it when i see it.

3 were going to launching this first into ireland back at the end of may if you believe some of the stories!

She seemed pretty confident of the fact. Has anyone returned products to clove?

Pics of battery cover defect

89084.JPG

89085.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Chimo29

does anyone know if this link is legitimate? I rang them the other day and was told they have no plans to release the N97 and they wouldnt say anymore about it.

https://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/509-n97-coming-soon/

Have you taken it off, and made sure it sits snug on the camera end first and then clicks into place last at the other end. Is the battery stopping it in some way from sitting home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

She seemed pretty confident of the fact. Has anyone returned products to clove?

Pics of battery cover defect

89084.JPG

89085.JPG

I could be wrong but i think you are snapping in wrong, check the video on youtube that will help.

Have you taken it off, and made sure it sits snug on the camera end first and then clicks into place last at the other end. Is the battery stopping it in some way from sitting home?

Tried with and without battery and starting from all sides.
    Really would prefer not having to go through the hassle of returning a product to the UK.
    Along with the lack of seal though, I think its better to return and get a refund.

Hopefully if 3 do release theirs on the 31st they might subsidise it to some degree.

It looks like the latches above the phone are broken so there is nothing for the batter cover to hold on to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 will be releasing it but I would not expect it by 31st

• Advertisement

It looks like the latches above the phone are broken so there is nothing for the batter cover to hold on to.

Does yours match this?

26082009143.jpg

Advertisement