Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Ah-Watch is ordering his N97 on Vodafone tomorrow... Roll on Saturdays delivery of phones:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Chimo29

how can you order it tomorow??

Chimo29 wrote: »
    how can you order it tomorow??

You've gotta know people:cool:

Customers can order from Monday onwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Chimo29

BINGO!!!! HAPPY DAYS CHECK OUT VODAFONE

Chimo29 wrote: »
    BINGO!!!! HAPPY DAYS CHECK OUT VODAFONE

I'm delighted, was only confirmed today after lunch so I'm delighted to get in there, I pray it isn't locked but I dont plan on going to any other network with it... Vodafone FTW!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ah-Watch wrote: »

You need to login using that link. You can see it here without logging in: http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=335035&offerSelected=postpaidnew&action=view

Some how it doesn't take a memory card :rolleyes:

Davy wrote: »
    You need to login using that link. You can see it here without logging in: http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=335035&offerSelected=postpaidnew&action=view

Some how it doesn't take a memory card :rolleyes:

I dunno now tbh, Sorry link was wrong cos I was going through My Vodafone and going through my upgrade status. I can't wait to get it! It does take a memory card-upto 16 GB

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ninety6days

it's a brick and i'm already hearing about graphical software issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mirrorboy

That I have to agree with. It's far too big for a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ninety6days

Mirrorboy wrote: »
    That I have to agree with. It's far too big for a phone.

nahhh brick's a tightrope kind of condemnation. If it works it's fine, see also n95-2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've had mine over 2 months now (first one in the country afaik) and i'm more than happy with it aside from one or two minor things at the start.

I am still a little disappointed that they trumpeted the n97 as the best thing ever and then pulled the n900 out of their backsides with a totally different OS and all the extra bells and whistles and then say "oh, but it's not a phone, it's a *tablet*" :rolleyes:

feckers. if i'd have known the n900 was coming out so soon i'd have waited, but i'm sure i heard a rumour that meamo will be compatible with some of the newer top end nokia's and that they will have an upgrade path to it which i would hope will include the n97, but it might just be wishful thinking.

it's still a great phone though, i just like having the latest and greatest and it might well be old hat by christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Here's hoping this phone at least rivals the Nokia n95 8GB. Camera seems like a bit of a letdown at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Johndman

I must say i dont like the slide out qwerty on the n900 at all,was playing around with it yesterday over at my friends house,he is a nokia reviewer.It feels like a pda rather than a phone,supose thats why its called the n900 tablet.My friend said if the n97 ran perfectly with no bugs and had kenetic scrolling it would win hands down over the n900.He said its super fast though with this new software.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i was talking to 3 customer care today and they reckon its going be launched on the 1st sept my mate also told me that its in this months cpw magazine.

going be interesting to see what price they sell it for as there still selling the n96 for 299 on bill pay what pisses me off is if i was in the uk i would get the phone for nothing on a upgrade(18 month contract)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Just back from holidays and my n97 hasn't saved most of the pics I've taken.. there's about 250 showing, but the latest ones aren't coming up, and even if I take a picture now it won't show up in my pictures folder.. any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

SQ2 wrote: »
    Just back from holidays and my n97 hasn't saved most of the pics I've taken.. there's about 250 showing, but the latest ones aren't coming up, and even if I take a picture now it won't show up in my pictures folder.. any ideas??

First upgrade your fw, that's a bug and it's sorted now.
    For the pics you have taken go to filemanager-> images and find them there in recent folder ( search for them).
    Or connect you phone to mass storage and browse to images ( it's much easier as you can see thumbnails).
    If you have photobrowser from betalabs they will show in it allright.

Thanks for that
    In the device update section of the phone and in Ovi Suite it tells me I'm runnng the latest version... is there another way to update fw?

I was trying to install the java update and I can't find the function to install from the pc.. it was there somewhere has it been removed or hidden in Ovi Suite 2?

Also can't find the filemanager tab.. I'm sure I've seen that as well, but maybe that was in previous Ovi suite? Gonna try connect to mass storage now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

SQ2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that
    In the device update section of the phone and in Ovi Suite it tells me I'm runnng the latest version... is there another way to update fw?

I was trying to install the java update and I can't find the function to install from the pc.. it was there somewhere has it been removed or hidden in Ovi Suite 2?

Also can't find the filemanager tab.. I'm sure I've seen that as well, but maybe that was in previous Ovi suite? Gonna try connect to mass storage now..

1) You should be able to check it by dialling *#0000#, new one is 12.0.024. The only other way to update is to change the product code.

2) Java update you can find from nokia beta labs and then send it your phone.

3) File manager is in your phone under the office folder.

4) Mass storage is good option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Random wrote: »
    Here's hoping this phone at least rivals the Nokia n95 8GB. Camera seems like a bit of a letdown at this stage.

Speaking of the camera, is it a common issue amongst N97's that the pictures dont look as sharp as they should when viewing on the screen? Just something Ive noticed with mine
    Havnt really transferred any to my laptop as of yet so havnt been able to make a quality comparison between viewing on the phone o & the laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    this phone is a complete piece of junk every single application fecks up every fecking day with script errors. is this normal??

all of this happens SOME of the time not all of the time:

facebook app doesnt work
    accuweather app doesnt work
    ovi store app doesnt work
    the feeds dont work
    i have to turn the phone on and off again to get texts
    the widgets dont work or dont refresh
    the FECKING ANSWER CALL BUTTON doesnt work

before you suggest a hard reset i have done that already and i dont enjoy OR HAVE TIME to install everything again thank you very much because the phone is high maintenance enough without having to start from scratch every time

I was told to bring it back to the O2 store on the helpline but i am afraid incase i get violent

somebody tell me this is not normal and if they give me a replacement the thing is going to work

What software version you using?
    What your free space on your C drive. You can find out by going to apps> office > file manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

if you cant update your FW and dont want to change product code take it to a nokia care point and get them to debrand it and upload latest software its what i done and works a dream now not a problem since!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Slighlty off topic but where would one find a nokia care point in dublin?

Bambi wrote: »
    Slighlty off topic but where would one find a nokia care point in dublin?

http://www.nokia.ie/store-locator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Some are known as phonemenders well thats what they called down in Limerick ,best thing i ever done going there.

Davy wrote: »
    What software version you using?
    What your free space on your C drive. You can find out by going to apps> office > file manager

52.7mb free on c drive, version 10. i will ask in o2 first its just they are so clueless sorry for the rant. i rang them and the best the woman could do was send me the "GPRS WAP settings for my phone"

She did and the internet stopped working :rolleyes: queue my hard reset

i think debranding is the only way should that void the warranty?

DRice wrote: »
    52.7mb free on c drive, version 10. i will ask in o2 first its just they are so clueless sorry for the rant. i rang them and the best the woman could do was send me the "GPRS WAP settings for my phone"

She did and the internet stopped working :rolleyes: queue my hard reset

i think debranding is the only way should that void the warranty?

Officially it will yes. I haven't heard an issue with warranty because of changing it. The only thing is that some who were doing it themselves bricked the phone, but that was at the start. Your best option is to go to a nokia service centre and let them to grade it to V12 for you.

Some of the problems you mentioned were fixed with V11.

Am I the only 02 customer not showing a FW update available? I'm still on 10.0.012
    Cheers

• Advertisement

thanks mate. the fact that i have to void the warranty in order to get the phone to work is a shocker of biblical proportions and I will get o2 know

yes i am an awkward customer when the #### hits the fan i cant help it :eek:

Advertisement