Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

DRice wrote: »
    what o2 store was this????

I got the phone in O2 Retail in Castlebar, Mayo.
    Really nice girl called Magda helped me out.
    I know that they can only get one every 10 days or so @ the moment but that is likely to change

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Guys, just as a side note, I can confirm that I have a factory unlocked N97 with the Euro1 product code 0570817. I got this phone as an upgrade on O2 billpay. Am I jammy or what? (sorry)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

hmmm
    I've been waiting for the stock notification email from the O2 webshop for the guts of a month now without a word. Might drop into one of the stores in town this week instead.

Do any of them have display models ya can take a look at at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

i rang the Carphone Warehouse about Vodafone stock of the n97 in CFW shops,
    (they don't have any)
    But they were able to tell what CFW shops had n97 IN STOCK on 02....might save u time!

cramp

Cheers mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

So much for 3 having them :( still nothing in the three store,someone doesnt want me to have this phone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 voteforlee

dregin wrote: »
    Do any of them have display models ya can take a look at at least?

The new o2 store in mallow does have a mock up display model which proved a lot of help in deciding whether i wanted the phone or not, notably the qwerty would have a lot of influence and i adapted to the space bar instantly, the shift is awkward i must admit but its not half as bad as reviews have indicated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Any way to check if the phone is network locked bar putting another sim in?
    I don't have anything but O2 sims here.

Should I change my product code back to its original?
    I've changed it to a generic euro code to update it, but will it affect it if I put it back to the original?
    If it broke and I brought it back would O2 know (if you ignore the fact I was on V12)?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Anyone come across one on Vodafone in cork city by any chance. I had a look in the Vodafone stores and Carphone warehouse on saturday but no stock in either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 voteforlee

ya the one in mallow has it, you just need to allow 1-2 days for it to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

anyone having problems with this phone going to buy one , but seen a lot of bad reviews online, should i just wait for n900?????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

anyone else having a problem with message memory full. i can only put about 50 messages in the inbox before it says full and cant receive anymore until deleted. said this on here before but the options only allow u to save sent messages to mass memory and not the inbox. annoying as **** i have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

redout wrote: »
    anyone else having a problem with message memory full. i can only put about 50 messages in the inbox before it says full and cant receive anymore until deleted. said this on here before but the options only allow u to save sent messages to mass memory and not the inbox. annoying as **** i have to say.

I think you need to re-install your Fw, as have over 5000 messages and not a bother.

redout wrote: »

I was able to change it without a problem.
    Its in Messaging>Options>Settings>Other>Memory in use
    Dunno where you're finding an option for the save sent messages only?

Just thinking, you may just have low c: memory.
    There is an update to free more memory on C:
    Go to Applications>SW Update there should be an update called C: Memory update or something along those lines.
    I actually got 2 of them as far as I remember.

Dropped into carphone warehouse to have a play around with the N97 and it didn't impress one bit. The hardware is awesome but christ, symbian just drags it down. It's like using a super high-end HD TV to watch a VHS.

Iphone, here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

In the middle of debranding mine at the moment, after the download it lost connection with the pc and asked me to unplug usb, replug and then click ok.. so updater hasn't yet found the phone and the phone is repeating the no screen, white screen thing at the moment.. I've tried doing the space left shift and power button but no difference so far.. is this the usual scenario for those who have debranded and what's my next step forward? (not nervous yet, honest)

--
    Was very nervous actually. Wasn't pressing the backspace key!
    Next problem is that my backup won't restore! Says restore complete, but nothing is restored to the phone that I can see... Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

just being on to 3 customer care in waterford n97 350 bill pay im on 750 mins tarrif said i might go else where i.e vf/o2 they have come back with two months free line rental which is 80 euro a month.
    so the cost of the mobile will be 190 euro what do you guys think of that any word of the likes of vf or 02 offering free line rental etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Anyone have any solutions to the ovi maps 3 problems??

Mine starts to load then near the end just stops and quits.

allen175 wrote: »
    Anyone have any solutions to the ovi maps 3 problems??

Mine starts to load then near the end just stops and quits.

Delete the Cities Folder and Qf files from whatever memory you installed, also delete Ovi maps from app manager and do a fresh install.

deep1 wrote: »
    Delete the Cities Folder and Qf files from whatever memory you installed, also delete Ovi maps from app manager and do a fresh install.

Thanks, it worked a treat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Telgere wrote: »
    89101.JPG

Cover is fine its the latches at the top that seem to be bent.

Get anywhere Telgere?

Just to Let you Know , OVi Maps new version is out which fixes the Serious Gps Problem ( I had it since i bought the phone), I just gave it a go for 30 minute drive and it works the way it should work now.
    Just update from Nokia Maps Updater.

Yeah i must say, works way better than ovi maps 2, it has all the new estates in it, such as Clongriffen and the Coast, which are i found really handy while out delivering tonight.

i had it running for 4 hours straight, before the battery died on me after charging it today :(

deep1 wrote: »
    Just to Let you Know , OVi Maps new version is out which fixes the Serious Gps Problem ( I had it since i bought the phone), I just gave it a go for 30 minute drive and it works the way it should work now.
    Just update from Nokia Maps Updater.

Seems to work fine for me, though I didn't have any problems before.

V2 firmware just announced at Nokia World, due out October.
    Check out AAS's twitter feed.

http://twitpic.com/g6ij5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

SQ2 wrote: »
    In the middle of debranding mine at the moment, after the download it lost connection with the pc and asked me to unplug usb, replug and then click ok.. so updater hasn't yet found the phone and the phone is repeating the no screen, white screen thing at the moment.. I've tried doing the space left shift and power button but no difference so far.. is this the usual scenario for those who have debranded and what's my next step forward? (not nervous yet, honest)

--
    Was very nervous actually. Wasn't pressing the backspace key!
    Next problem is that my backup won't restore! Says restore complete, but nothing is restored to the phone that I can see... Anyone any ideas?

I'm in the same situation - I changed the product code, upgraded from v10 to v12 firmware. Everything wiped (except for Mass Memory). I got to the stage of restoring my backup. It asked me to restart after the restore, but the phone just hangs with the Nokia logo on the screen (I've left it for an hour just to be sure). I removed and replaced the battery, tried the shift, space, backspace, power on, which allowed me to start up the phone, but when I turn off the phone, it just hangs with the Nokia logo displayed. Also although it told me that the restore worked, most of my apps and the default screen theme are now missing. Afraid I'm going to need to do another hard reset, format the Mass Memory, and start from scratch. If anyone has any other possible solutions, I would really appreciate it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

just off the phone to 3 customer service, n97 ordered and i should have it tomorrow or friday, 399 on relax 350 upgrade :D

<happy dance

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

dilallio wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation - I changed the product code, upgraded from v10 to v12 firmware. Everything wiped (except for Mass Memory). I got to the stage of restoring my backup. It asked me to restart after the restore, but the phone just hangs with the Nokia logo on the screen (I've left it for an hour just to be sure). I removed and replaced the battery, tried the shift, space, backspace, power on, which allowed me to start up the phone, but when I turn off the phone, it just hangs with the Nokia logo displayed. Also although it told me that the restore worked, most of my apps and the default screen theme are now missing. Afraid I'm going to need to do another hard reset, format the Mass Memory, and start from scratch. If anyone has any other possible solutions, I would really appreciate it.

I got mine up and running again by "repairing" my ovi suite (was going to uninstall V2 and reinstall 1.1, but I saw the repair option and tried that first) then when I restored, I restored the contact first on their own which worked, so I then repeated with the rest of the options ticked and it all loaded fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I think I will go for one today to replace my N95 8Gb. Based on the posts here it seems that v.12 is required. Can I update that firmware before switiching over all my contacts etc. Will that make it cleaner as an upgrade?

Dermoth wrote: »
    I think I will go for one today to replace my N95 8Gb. Based on the posts here it seems that v.12 is required. Can I update that firmware before switiching over all my contacts etc. Will that make it cleaner as an upgrade?

It doesn't make any diffrence, as N97 has UDP so all your Contacts will be intact but i say just update it before Transfering any Data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Splinter wrote: »
    just off the phone to 3 customer service, n97 ordered and i should have it tomorrow or friday, 399 on relax 350 upgrade :D

<happy dance

i just ordered mine as well i had a look on the nokia.ie site compared the n97 with the n900(has no radio) they also have the n97 mini on it.

but the best part is i got mine for 200 euro :D

Advertisement