Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭pah

The other day the clock was 5 minutes out even though I had it set to 'automatic update'. I had to manually change it, overriding the automatic setting.
    LoL God Forbid - having to set the time manually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

vibe666 wrote: »
    i've been trying the beta of the new touch screen version of opera and it keeps eating memory, so i've gone back to the regular mobile browser. tbh since the v20 fw upgrades it seems to be doing whatever i need it to anyway, so i've not had any real problems with it.

I'm back using opera mini 4.2 just a few days ago. I find it alot faster than the new mini 5 beta probably cos I only have edge signal most of the time.

There are a few other problems on Beta mini also like the font sizes which I hope they fix. Anyone know when the full version of OM5 will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭pah

http://www.opera.com/mobile/next/

i've been using opera mobile 10 beta on N97. It's a pretty slick browser but I'm having trouble over vodafone live APN with it. Wi-Fi is fine though. Looks like the full release should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

pah wrote: »

i've been using opera mobile 10 beta on N97. It's a pretty slick browser but I'm having trouble over vodafone live APN with it. Wi-Fi is fine though. Looks like the full release should be good.

Just trying it out now and it's pretty good. I'm using wifi though so I'll try it out later on edge to see what it's like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

i've been using opera mobile 10 beta on N97. It's a pretty slick browser but I'm having trouble over vodafone live APN with it..

Every version of opera that i've used on a phone, i've had trouble with it on Vodafone Live, but no problems over WiFi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

LoL God Forbid - having to set the time manually

Er, I never had a problem setting it manually. The point was the automatic update time was wrong so I had to switch to manual. What's so funny about that?
    Also, the reason I set it to auto update in the first place was because I found it went out by a few minutes after a couple of months, which sounds like a battery problem to me (internal clock battery even, if such a thing exists). I don't find any of that funny, but whatever floats your boat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I thought this phone did USB charging? Iv mine plugged into the USB, no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It does,, are you using the cable that came with it? Some cables dont have the charging facility

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Sully wrote: »
    I thought this phone did USB charging? Iv mine plugged into the USB, no difference.

mine charges while connected to the laptop via the usb cable:) i have to say my N97 has not froze that often since the last fw release,also the FM transmiter on it is the biz.
    i used it for the first time about 3 weeks ago could not believe how clear it was through the speakers compared to the itrip i had for my ipod hopefully 3 bring out something similar to the n97 as im due an upgrade and dont fancy getting a iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Get this, I plugged my phone in via USB a few days back, downloaded Nokias software updater, successfully completed it and got a message saying to use the phone as normal etc.

Unplugged the cable from the phone and the screen was blank so I pressed the power button to turn on. Nothing. Wouldn't even charge. Tried to do a hard reset, nothing. Battery out for an hour, try again, nothing. Sent it away through a 3 store as it is under warranty, got an update yesterday saying they flashed it with new firmware and put in a new LCD!

They I got a call today to say they've put a whole new PCB in the phone! Unbelievable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my n900 is in for repair (cracked LCD) and i've been using my n97 again and i have to say i'm missing the n900 like nobody's business, can't believe what a step down the n97 is and can't wait to hear when i'll be getting the n900 back again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

N97 is pretty cool when it works, but it wrecks my head for just simple things like making a call or trying to do anything with even the slightest bit of speed. Its slow as hell, if you move to fast it confuses itself and hangs on you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Sully wrote: »

waf

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dregin wrote: »
    waf

waf? New internet slang I failed to pick up on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

I was thinking the same thing myself

Advertisement