Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

vibe666 wrote: »
    maybe a case if they do one?

I wonder will it be the official one shipping from expansys, mentioned earlier in the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60494513&postcount=73

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

desyd wrote: »
    ye i mailed them and they said i would recieve them but they will be shipped 10-14 days after shipment off phone :) and now that special offer has been taken down lol.
    Yeah saw it too, i hope i receive it too, Otherwise i will keep mailing them until i get one.:) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bren32

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-n97-mini-coming-later-in-2009-1747235/

Sounds strange to me, Vodafone Ireland are talking about releasing a phone that no one else has heard of?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

bren32 wrote: »
    http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-n97-mini-coming-later-in-2009-1747235/

Sounds strange to me, Vodafone Ireland are talking about releasing a phone that no one else has heard of?

I was advised of the same thing when I was told that they wouldn't be launching the N97.

It could be something that Nokia are developing exclusively for Vodafone.

Just ordered the N97 from expansys.co.uk there :D

• Advertisement

Just ordered the N97 from expansys.co.uk there :D
    HI,
    How much you paid and can you please check what is the current status of your order, i paid this afternoon and still showing under process.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

does anybody know if any sites are selling the white model ? I seen it on pre order on the nokia site will they deliver to Ireland ? thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

i pre ordered a white one with clove.co.uk but got an email today to confirm my order but now only black one was available . i rang expansys as clove wont be shipping till next thursday and expansys told me they got 200 units in and they are all gone so they are out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Anyone know the release date on O2?

Their forums don't give any details away.
    I'm gonna give it a week or two anyway to see how the first users get on with it, and I really don't need to upgrade my N82 which is the best phone I've ever had (not aesthetically obviously ;) ) but I'm willing to upgrade it if its as good as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The white is in less of supply. In the uk the only place selling them on networks is phones4u stores, they have an exclusive afaik. Clove do have it listed on their site which is the sim free model ofcourse

sbhatia wrote: »
    HI,
    How much you paid and can you please check what is the current status of your order, i paid this afternoon and still showing under process.
    Thanks

Paid £544 sterling with a VAT rate of 21.5%.

I made the order over the phone at 17:04 and it has apparently been shipped already.

lafors wrote: »
    Anyone know the release date on O2?

Didn't someone post that O2 weren't offering it?

Well its meant to be on sale soon enough, o2 have confirmed it themselves

Davy wrote: »
    Well its meant to be on sale soon enough, o2 have confirmed it themselves

So O2 will have the iPhone, Palm Pre and Nokia N97 and Vodafone will have the Blackberry Storm... Someone needs to be asked some very tough questions...

Paid £544 sterling with a VAT rate of 21.5%.

I made the order over the phone at 17:04 and it has apparently been shipped already.

God that's quick, Prob phone order get preference, I am still waiting mine to be dispatched, they require further info.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

So O2 will have the iPhone, Palm Pre and Nokia N97 and Vodafone will have the Blackberry Storm... Someone needs to be asked some very tough questions...

yea i couldn't believe O2 were getting N97 let alone pre along with iPhone. Unless Voda are getting iPhone in a few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

just ordered a black one from expansys uk,now to see how soon it will arrive

sbhatia wrote: »
    God that's quick, Prob phone order get preference, I am still waiting mine to be dispatched, they require further info.

The different VAT rate for ireland is what is causing the delay i bet. They will prob contact you again looking for permission to debit your card again.

speedfreak wrote: »
    yea i couldn't believe O2 were getting N97 let alone pre along with iPhone. Unless Voda are getting iPhone in a few months...

I don't know what they are at to be honest. Availability of the best phones and technology is a big part of who i give my money too. If i had to choose now, Vodafone Ireland just wouldn't be in the races and that is extremely unfortunate as it isn't that hard to offer a wider range of handsets.

• Advertisement

The different VAT rate for ireland is what is causing the delay i bet. They will prob contact you again looking for permission to debit your card again.

i seem to have been charge the irish vat rate ? ? anyone else shed any light on this ?

N97 32GB Smartphone 1 434.77 434.77
    In Stock

---

Shipping Info 13.50
    VAT (21.5%) 96.38
    Total 544.65

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I don't know what they are at to be honest. Availability of the best phones and technology is a big part of who i give my money too. If i had to choose now, Vodafone Ireland just wouldn't be in the races and that is extremely unfortunate as it isn't that hard to offer a wider range of handsets.

Vodafone seem to be totaly dropping the ball as of late on adding new phones to the lineup, dont they like monies :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

i seem to have been charge the irish vat rate ? ? anyone else shed any light on this ?

In Stock

---

Shipping Info 13.50
    VAT (21.5%) 96.38
    Total 544.65

Yes you have been charged the irish vat rate. In the initial total it would have quoted 15% vat but in the email confirmation it would show the true total and irish vat rate.

I still think expansys may be in trouble for dispatching this early. It seems nokia do not want it released to the market till june 26th, since expansys have ignored this will they pay for it in future.

Venom wrote: »
    Vodafone seem to be totaly dropping the ball as of late on adding new phones to the lineup, dont they like monies :eek:

I think that it is a decision that is being made at a regional or group level.. Samsung just announced the Omnia II on Monday and Vodafone UK had it exclusively for sale that evening.. It shows that Vodafone realise the importance of having the newst and best devices on an exclusive basis. That is something that it is obvious to us all so I can't imagine that someone in Vodafone Ireland has made a conscious decision to not offer high end handsets.

In Stock

---

Shipping Info 13.50
    VAT (21.5%) 96.38
    Total 544.65

Everyone here that ordered from Expansys UK experienced this.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

I dont know whether to just get a N85 (with its limitations) or wait for a N97.

Do I need an N97? I think there are a lot of people out there asking themselves the same question

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

afaik, there was going to be a short delay of maybe a month or so before o2 offer it and once they do have it (I was told it migh be july or august in a shop, but it could have been a guess), they'll only be stocking it in the carphone warehouse outlets, not the o2 stores, which rumour has it is to placate apple as the n97 is obviously geared quite strongly towards the prying the iphone crowd away from their giant touch screen mp3 players. ;)

incidentally, there's at least one n97 in the country already. got this from the dhl tracking page:

Thursday, June 18, 2009 07:02
    Arrived at Delivery Facility in Dublin - Ireland, Republic Of

looks like it might well arrive today. :D:D:D:D:D

did you order yours from expansys ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yup, yesterday around lunchtime. had a pre-order in for it since the beginning of the week, but there were some issues with the credit card so i had to pay by laser in the end, which meant that they cancelled the old order and did me a new one there and then with all the same details and sent it out right away.

Advertisement