Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterpark College

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

So basically settling out of court to avoid prosecutions

Look this scumbag evaded justice, meaning a lot of his victims, including myself, were put off taking proceedings. It was stated in one case that he was a member of the Christian Brothers, the school knew what he was doing for over 30 years but did nothing about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

I don't know as much as I would like about civil actions for compensation but they don't seem to be common here. Very cases of victims suing abusers here. Do you mean Meehan? How do we know that the school knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Did you listen to any of the interviews from the lads involved?

I was there in the 70’80’s, everyone knew what was going on with him even then, including the school, don’t need to go into the detail, but trust me, they knew, along with other authorities

My cousin who was 4 years ahead of me tipped me off about him, it was an open secret

Advertisement