Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any one do the aptitude test? dt101

Options
  • 07-04-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

anyone do the aptitude test to get into architecure in DIT?
    I was just wondering how everyone else pound it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I did it last year... that was a fun morning. I assume it's the same this year, but the section where they're like.. "Here is a box with a tiny squiggle in it, create something out of it" (with pencil obviously), I somewhat took the piss... I had a jellyfish stealing a bag of money and called it "Running from the Feds" as one of them, and these two buildings that looked like cereal boxes and called it "People Os" as another.

The bit where they're asking you to write little essays as to why you want to do architecture though, that was weird... Especially as it asked for previous experience and I just had absolutely none. Pretty surprised I got called back actually, all things considered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I did it last year... that was a fun morning. I assume it's the same this year, but the section where they're like.. "Here is a box with a tiny squiggle in it, create something out of it" (with pencil obviously), I somewhat took the piss... I had a jellyfish stealing a bag of money and called it "Running from the Feds" as one of them, and these two buildings that looked like cereal boxes and called it "People Os" as another.

The bit where they're asking you to write little essays as to why you want to do architecture though, that was weird... Especially as it asked for previous experience and I just had absolutely none. Pretty surprised I got called back actually, all things considered...
    I was just wondering so I could find out what other people thought about the poxy drawings.... I hated them so much
    we weren't told to name them though, I had a tree... a taxi... some manga charachter... and i honestly can't remember any more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I can't remember if we had to name them... I just did for the craic. And to explain the deep, alternate meanings behind them.

Advertisement