Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin Station and the Northern Commuter Line

Options
  • 07-04-2009 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Quick question, can anyone confirm whether or not the Northern Commuter trains will stop at the new Clongriffin Station?

The latest maps on the Drogheda/Dundalk trains seem to suggest that they will but I had always presumed that the new station would be used exclusively for DARTs.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine it will be predominantly DART, like Malahide & Portmarnock.

It will have 4 platforms and an overhead bus-link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I don't know for sure but I would be very surprised if they stopped there. The only place they stop at the moment is Howth Junction. I presume that's to allow commuters catch trains to Howth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I don't know for sure but I would be very surprised if they stopped there. The only place they stop at the moment is Howth Junction. I presume that's to allow commuters catch trains to Howth.
    The Howth Junction stop is to facilitate the large number of nothern commuters who attend work, school or the Fas training centre in that area. I don't believe that the Northern Commuter services will halt at Clongriffin, because, as has been pointed out by Victor, it will already be adequately served by ex-Malahide DART services.

As an aside, I'm wondering how much resignalling work might be required to accomodate the this new station. Certainly with four platforms, I would hope that this would yield greater operational flexability when it comes to allowing fast and semi fast service interface with DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

loads of northern commuter trains stop at Portmarnock, and Malahide and HJ&D, I'd imagine lots will stop at the new station too.
    About 19 southbound stop at Portmarnock on a weekday.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Does it still have a sign up there stating "Opening 2008"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BendiBus wrote: »
    Does it still have a sign up there stating "Opening 2008"?

I didn't see any recently, but they definitely have "2009" signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I went through it on the way to Dundalk and saw an 'opening 2008' sign alright, might have been outside the station grounds though (i.e 'please buy our apartments, there'll be a station here in 2008')

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

They told some Clongriffin residents that it should be finished this year but won't open till Q1 next year.

Advertisement