Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ WHV - 2 things I can't find an answer for

Options
  • 07-04-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Thinking of going to NZ on a WHV later this year and I'm just wondering how long it takes for the visa to come through once you've applied for it? Also, can you apply for it at any time of the year or is there a specific timeframe where they process visa applications (like Canada)?

I can't find any info on this on the NZ immigration site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

you can apply anytiome of year until the quota (of 2000 i think it is) visa's have been given out. Im not sure if they even meet this quota of irish in any given year and after applying I got my approval in 2 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Wow, that fast? I was expecting a couple of months wait at least.

One other thing, does the visa start from the day it's approved or from when you arrive in NZ?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

from when you arrive, but you do have to arrive within a year after it being issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

That's pretty good, I might just go ahead and apply for it now then.

Thanks for the help guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

but you do have to arrive within a year after it being issued.

yes, and unfortunately unlike the Australian one - if you dont get to use it within that year you lose it and cannot re-apply - i applied for mine a month too early as it cuts into the end of my australia visa...but depending on how things are I might just fly over for a weekend to activate the visa and then use my final month here but then I lose a month of the NZ visa...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

Quota is now unlimited for Irish citizens, which makes me wonder why Ireland don't allow unlimited numbers of young new zealanders into this country.

Online should get a response within 48 hours. Postal is about a month.

Advertisement