Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from PW

Options
  • 07-04-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭

Got banned from PW today by Shawnraven..Dont get me wrong, the guy is sound out but i think its a bit harsh so he suggested I create a thread here..

I know I have had warnings in the past week for trolling but still though..I dont think what I have done is worth a 3 month ban,
    Hi callaway92,

You have been banned from Pro Wrestling for the following duration:

3 Month(s)

for the following reason:

Antagonising users and trolling the forum despite several private and public warnings.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 3 Month(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

I asked Shawnraven how was I antagonising users and he said this:
    On the HHH bashing thread, and on the Boards biki page. I warned you several times not to push it. I did my best to keep you on board, i really did. But you just couldn't behave.

See you in 3 months, hopefully you'll be a little more sociable on the forum on your return.

These are links to the threads where he referred to my ban: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055532258&page=3 Thats the Wiki one post 28..See above posts to show other people said bascially the exact same thing tbh

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055526714&page=7 Thats the HHH thread..Post 99 i said GTFO with a ":P"

In the Wiki page you can clearly see above my post other people said basically the same thing, that they should have their own Biki page..I also said it..

In the HHH thread I posted GTFO as a joke hence the ":P"

I agree i might have been trolling recently but 3 months is harsh for what I have done..

Thanks in advance for replies

Callaway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Analogy time: you poked, and poked, and poked the dog harder each time. Despite the growls, you still did it..and then are surprised when you got a nasty bite as a result?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I dont see what I did wrong in the end when I got my banning though..Like I said, I know I was being an eejit the last few weeks but the two posts he was referring to for my banning was a bit harsh imo..Like I said, I think Shawnraven is sound but I disagree with this..

Can he post in this thread? Would like to hear his input

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Antagonising users and trolling the forum despite several private and public warnings

Seems to me he bent over backwards for you.
    Can't see how you are surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

callaway92 wrote: »
    I dont see what I did wrong in the end when I got my banning though..Like I said, I know I was being an eejit the last few weeks but the two posts he was referring to for my banning was a bit harsh imo..Like I said, I think Shawnraven is sound but I disagree with this..

Can he post in this thread? Would like to hear his input

So it shall be said, so it shall be written, so it shall be done.
    Sorry it took this long to get back to you, but these things take time.
    Buffybot wrote:
    Analogy time: you poked, and poked, and poked the dog harder each time. Despite the growls, you still did it..and then are surprised when you got a nasty bite as a result?

Y'see callaway92,
    You say you don't see what you did wrong in the end. It's not simply a case of what you did in the end though, it's an entire series of events that have pretty much started long before I got the run of the shop. And you've pretty much self admitted that, which is great, because that eliminates a lot of work and research to find a lot of examples.

*poke*
    This was the final nail in your coffin:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59731564&postcount=28

Was what you said offensive? Not at all.
    Did you say it simply to be a smart-ass? I genuinely think so, given that at one point you actually PM'd a user before after he got banned to tell him that you felt that he deserved it and that you were glad for it. In fact you got a warning for it.

*poke*
    In the course of 12 months you have received a mix of 9 warnings and infractions.

*poke*
    A series of bannings before I even got to you, and even had pretty much admitted to me via PM that you were pushing your luck, and it was right about that time that I decided I was no longer going to be nice to you.

So i politely PM'd you and strongly advised that your last banning lasted one month, and that i've given you all the chances I could whilst being impartial around everyone else (I thank Wibbs for his bold text public warnings), you got the bold text, you got the warning, you got the infraction, and because it was you in particular, and i knew you were involved in one of the activity games in the thread, which I didn't particularly want to turf you out from, i gave you one final PM

I got fed up of being poked, and I bit you. You have been prescribed an anesthetic for the wound, It's a fairly nasty bite but the injection should wear off in just under three months. :)

Beatings will continue until morale improves I'm afraid. I've spent the last month doing my part of getting a community spirit going in that forum again, and if you can't play by the rules, then it saddens me to say that you're no longer welcome there.

Loren Adams said it best, "What is understood, need not be discussed" Hopefully you will understand all that i have said here, because I can't see me requiring to discuss it any further.

Good evening,
    SR

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ill be back in a month to see is there any chance of a ban lift :)

oh and also Shawnraven ..that "callaway92." person was xbox36016 just to let you know..In all fairness you hardly thought i created it like :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

callaway92 wrote: »
    Ill be back in a month to see is there any chance of a ban lift :)

And that's exactly the attitude that got you banned in the first place, If i wanted you to be banned for a month, i would have given you a month ban.

You have been banned for three months, i don't make typos to that much of an extreme. Feel free to try your luck here, but most likely I won't be answering it as you have gotten your explanation from me. I didn't need much to justify your banning, so I won't need much to justify lifting it. I don't make rash decisions that I regret very often, and I guarantee, this is not one of them.

Take care now. :)

Advertisement