Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Plans

• 07-04-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there,

My family are thinking of doing some cosmetic surgery to our home. I was chatting with a friend of mine who had done the same thing quite recently and he mentioned about using the plans of the house given to him when he bought his house.

The problem is, we don't have the plans for our house. Do you know where I would be able to get these? Would some government body have them on record or would I have to try tracking down the original builders?

I live in Knocklyon, Dublin 16, if that helps.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Retro-Fit

A good consultant will survey, rather than trust plans. Dont worry about it. Look at it as an energy or comfort upgrade rather than cosmetic surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

Retro-fit is correct in saying that a good consultant would personally survey the house. The survey will provide more information than the original drawing will. However, the existing drawings will help but should not be relied upon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Hi there,

My family are thinking of doing some cosmetic surgery to our home. I was chatting with a friend of mine who had done the same thing quite recently and he mentioned about using the plans of the house given to him when he bought his house.

The problem is, we don't have the plans for our house. Do you know where I would be able to get these? Would some government body have them on record or would I have to try tracking down the original builders?

I live in Knocklyon, Dublin 16, if that helps.

Thank you.

There may be a set of plans in the offices of the LA, if so, you could buy a copy, or if the house isn't too old they may be on gplan. But I echo what the lads said about surveying the property afresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bobalicious

Thanks guys for the help, I suppose it would make a lot more sense for the architect to survey the property.

I still would like to have a copy of the original plans, even so I could play around with some ideas myself. What is gplan?

Go to your LA's website, go into services or planning, you should see an option for gplan, put in what information you can, address, townland, reference number, etc., and any planning applications should become available for you to see and if it's a recent enough application you can see the maps, plans, etc. (gplan)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bobalicious

Silly question here, LA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Local Authority, i.e. the council

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭alentejo

An Architect or a Surveying engineer would be able to do a full survey "as is" of the house to include site plans and drainage etc. i paid €1700 ex vat in 2008 to get a full site and house survey for a 3 bed semi.

alentejo wrote: »
    An Architect or a Surveying engineer would be able to do a full survey "as is" of the house to include site plans and drainage etc. i paid €1700 ex vat in 2008 to get a full site and house survey for a 3 bed semi.

Bit expensive, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

Bit expensive, imo.

Depending on the quality of the survey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Bit expensive, imo.

par for the course round M50

Advertisement