Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phone - recommendations requested

• 07-04-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Ok, current phone has just given up the ghost. Time for a new one. Posting on here as you guys know more than me with regards to what's good these days. just looking for some recommendations to get me started.

Criteria are not very specific.

Currently with meteor pay as you go, but open to move to bill pay and switch provider, if it's a good deal.
    First and foremost, looking for a phone that looks good, slim, not bulky.
    High quality camera not a priority.
    High quality audio not a priority.
    Big screen desirable.
    Looking for wi-fi & 3G enabled.
    Not too keen on flip.
    Prob willing to pay up to 200e.

Would also be willing to buy online, once there isnt a ridiculous amount of effort involved, flashing etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

E51 has all those things. i got mine for around 200e sim free and that was ages ago so it should be a good bit less now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

You can get the Nokia E71 on Meteor postpaid for €149; tariff dependent. It has a bigger screen than the E51, which has a small screen to be honest, so you may find it suits your needs more.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭moesymoe

Thanks for the input guys.

Just find myself getting a bit confused with all the options and thought you guys would be the best to ask.

I had seen the E71 before but not mad keen on it's looks.

Although I'm trying my best not to plump for an iPhone, things are looking that way.

I do like the look of the HTC touch diamond.

Any advice on what the cheapest way to get my hands on one of those is? and what network would be the best to get a sim only deal?

I've seen there is a touch diamond2 out too. How does this compare with the original touch diamond? And how much should I expect to pay?

There is also the HTC touch HD I know someone selling for 330e.
    Is this a good price?
    Is this phone suitable for what I described above?
    Can anyone summarise the main differences between this and the original touch diamond?

Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Might be worth your while haveing a look through adverts.ie

I have a look at the first two pages and came up with a few phones that might suit you.

Tocco F-480

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=105954&cat=14

Sony Ericsson C902

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=97756&cat=14

LG Renoir

Advertisement