Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli jam/chutney/sauce

• 07-04-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a recipe to use up a bag of red chillis(about 20) that my son bought. I was thinking of making a chutney or sweet chilli sauce or something like that. Any suggestions anyone, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

or you could dry them out and make dried chlli flakes, great sprinkeled on pizzas. but homemade sweet chilli is tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Put some into oil for a few months... Chilli oil!

olaola wrote: »
    Put some into oil for a few months... Chilli oil!

this is lovely. I have all sorts of flavored oils in the press. little tip bring the oil up to about 50oc then put in what ever ingredients your using and let it cool down before bottling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks everyone. Made a really nice sweet chilli sauce(about 6 jars) so lots of pressies for my friends. Put some of the chillis into a nice bottle of oil that I brought home from holidays. Rocknchef, how do I dry out the remaining ones ?

place them in a paper bag in a hot press for 8-10 days. blend them up in blender. take out seeds if you dont want it to hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Great stuff, going into the hot press tonight so. Thanks again.

Advertisement