Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare - Disability, any cuts ?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

I haven't been able to find anything, but need to find out as it may affect my dad, he's 65 & on disability allowance. Was there any cuts to it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

No, it wasn't touched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

So far, no cuts at all, except the double week at Christmas.

Don't let him worry too much?

It should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

Does anybody know if the budget will affect the mobilty aids grant from the council?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

christmas bonus gone = -1.9% (less)

• Advertisement

Does anybody know if the budget will affect the mobilty aids grant from the council?

Definately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

Dublin City Council told us that they have no funds available...

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the council's receive their budgets at the start of each year. How could they have no funds available in the first week of April?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Dublin City Council told us that they have no funds available...

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the council's receive their budgets at the start of each year. How could they have no funds available in the first week of April?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Sorry, my bad...mobility aids grant from council, not mobility allowance from HSE...no idea how that is going down.

Also Disabled will be affected by rent supplement changes that could cost anything up to an extra e20 a week.

Advertisement