Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time - Budget Special

Options
  • 07-04-2009 10:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Prime Time is on at the moment with Brian Lenahan and Richard Bruton on debating. Miriam giving most of the time to Brian, of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Sully wrote: »
    Prime Time is on at the moment with Brian Lenahan and Richard Bruton on debating. Miriam giving most of the time to Brian, of course.

And shouting down Bruton anytime he talks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dresden8 wrote: »
    And shouting down Bruton anytime he talks.

I love the way Miriam objects if Bruton tries to get in. He said himself he isnt being given the time to respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dean D

And no Labour spokesperson on of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

now on prime time is Eddie Hobbs the second biggest jackass. He’s more of a Comedian than anything else...does anyone here actually like him ??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dean D wrote: »
    And no Labour spokesperson on of course.

Labour get lots of airtime, probably more then FG. But, would have liked to have seen them on all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jpt77

Brooke01 wrote: »
    now on prime time is Eddie Hobbs the second biggest jackass. He’s more of a Comedian than anything else...does anyone here actually like him ??

no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Miriam was very unfair to Mr Bruton, so much for a fair debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Sally Ann is a bit of a ding bat

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

the mans a c@*t i wonder if his magazine will be half price now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If Bruton was leader of FG they might actually force a GE, he wiped the floor with Lenihan although that wouldn't be hard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 anntionette

Mothers love him! Mine buys and treasures his monthly mugs magazine...:rolleyes:

Villain wrote: »
    If Bruton was leader of FG they might actually force a GE, he wiped the floor with Lenihan although that wouldn't be hard

Doubt it very much. This notion that Bruton could work magic for FG is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sully wrote: »
    Doubt it very much. This notion that Bruton could work magic for FG is nonsense.

Nonsense why?

He is the best performer in the Dail by far

I think that her message is more important than how she plays on the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ccguydub

who's the fat bloke shouting at Joan Burton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Joan seems to be doing well, making good points, and getting them across which is more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Mothers love him! Mine buys and treasures his monthly mugs magazine...:rolleyes:

My dad can't get enough of him when he's on TV. I tried to convince him that Eddie Hobbes was a jackass. My talk fell on deaf ears....MORE TALK IS NEEDED

Nonsense why?

Because no matter how well you talk you wont convince the Greens/Indos etc. to leave. Bruton is an excellent speaker and excellent for finance and should be left there. Kenny does things differently but effectively.
    ccguydub wrote:

Dan Boyle, Greens.

Nonsense why?

I wouldn't go that far. He was fairly unimpressive in his reaction to the Budget in the Dáil, although framing a response and trying to decipher the Budget during the Minister's speech is admittedly difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

You spoke to soon. That Joan Burton is on now. Ugly and horrible voice of a women :D

Ugly and horrible? Who's this now? Biffo is it?

• Advertisement

Dean D wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far. He was fairly unimpressive in his reaction to the Budget in the Dáil, although framing a response and trying to decipher the Budget during the Minister's speech is admittedly difficult.

Thought his speech was excellent and much harder then Joan from Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Did they just cut the rte live stream for prime time?

zAbbo wrote: »
    Did they just cut the rte live stream for prime time?

yeah they did .... strange.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

I'm no Eddie Hobbs fan but he actually spoke a lot of sense tonight in my opinion. As usual Joan Burton was the most impressive speaker of the whole bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

ccguydub wrote: »

As advised by another poster, it's the Green, Dan Boyle. I understand that we, the taxpayers, now employ him as a senator, since he failed to be elected as a TD.

I never before realised how obnoxious he is. Thought this type belonged on the back benches of Fine Gael or the PDs. Even Fianna fail seems to have succeeded in expunging this kind of guy from their ranks of spokesmen.

The arrogance that exudes from this guy is extraordinary, especially given the blow that has been struck today at ordinary working people.

denat wrote: »
    As advised by another poster, it's the Green, Dan Boyle. I understand that we, the taxpayers, now employ him as a senator, since he failed to be elected as a TD.

I never before realised how obnoxious he is. Thought this type belonged on the back benches of Fine Gael or the PDs. Even Fianna fail seems to have succeeded in expunging this kind of guy from their ranks of spokesmen.

The arrogance that exudes from this guy is extraordinary, especially given the blow that has been struck today at ordinary working people.
    He's ridiculous. He stands up in the Seanad and talks from the Government front bench as if he's still in Opposition and his party has nothing to do with decisions being taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Waaahhh

ccguydub wrote: »

Careful, our dear Dan is a bit sensitive about the weight issue.... Remember You're A Star??

Waaahhh wrote: »
    Careful, our dear Dan is a bit sensitive about the weight issue.... Remember You're A Star??
    Never watched it, sounds interesting, Youtube link?

Waaahhh wrote: »

Oh god no, I wouldn't watch that muck. Theres somewhere that the government could save money - RTE. Close it down and see if anyone notices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Not a fan of hers by any means but I think Joan Burton picked up on one of the most unfair aspects of the budget - the difference in treatment to home-buyers who lost interest relief if their mortgage was over seven years old and the investors buying houses who only lost 25% of relief. This one could run.

Advertisement