Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laser or cash in france?

• 07-04-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

can I use my laser as widely as here at atms and in shops in france?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Only ATM's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 NOTSURE

buy your diesel at supermarkets and not on the motorways ,you can use your credit card even at the automatic fuel stations its cheaper and better quality fuel.most shops take laser cards well they took ours anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Notsure, I didn't think it was possible to use an Irish laser/debit card in a shop outside of Ireland,no probs in the majority of ATM's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yes Maestro (Laser) cards should be accepted at POS/ATM's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Standard Irish chip & pin Laser cards are taken in shops and garages across France. The only places I have found that they will not work are at toll booths and 24 hour automated petrol pumps. Other than that you're in business.
    NOTSURE wrote: »
    buy your diesel at supermarkets and not on the motorways
    Correct
    NOTSURE wrote: »
    you can use your credit card even at the automatic fuel stations
    Not correct - French cards only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭hynesie

Hagar wrote: »
    Not correct - French cards only
    We used an Bank of Ireland Mastercard in the automated supermarket petrol stations no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Mastercard is a credit card not a basic laser card as per the OP's question.

Even so, all my local supermarket petrol stations have "CB only" stickers on them. CB = Carte Blue a combined laser/credit card. My BOI laser card is not accepted.

I have seen many German/UK/Italian tourists having to leave the automated pumps without fuel because their cards were not accepted.

Advertisement