Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to move out of my comfort zone C&C

• 07-04-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Working with flash and ambient light. All constructive critique welcome guys.Thanks,Conor.

3416133568_0e6fe6187a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Sorry, that link is no longer valid.

Is that the lovely Atalanta? I'd sooner see her closer up tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm wondering how she got up there and er how she will get down.

As Hugh said she is too far away, infact she kinda looks photoshopped in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Nice idea.

I'd would've like to have seen you try a more angled approach. You closer to her and you on the ground to give it depth and dimension.

Not too sure about the background. Maybe either more cluttered with trees or less trees, if you know what I mean. I find it too distracting...

The grass looks a bit dead. If you use Lightroom you can alter the green to give it more appeal.

Great potential for a cracking shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭CONMIKE12

Thanks for the crtique guys, some of your points were things I thought myself and just wanted some other opinions.Yeah hugh, it is indeed atlanta. Here's a more close up version in b&w.I was only getting into my stride when we were hassleed by the park rangers and it put a bit of a dampner on the shootThe reason she might appaear to be PS'd in, is because of the effect of dropping the ambient then lighting her with two flashes( which I couldn't really get high enough for the best lighting but it's a straight shot.

3421609509_189cfdac83_o.jpg

Link is working fine for me Hugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

CONMIKE12 wrote: »
    Link is working fine for me Hugh.

Link is defo not working Conor

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up Mike...sorry for doubting your word hugh !! :)
    here's a link to a different large version for those interested.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3392/3416133568_cac1da85e4_o.jpg

@AnimalRights, I hooshed her up and she climbed the rest, then miraculously, changed out of hiking boots, jeans and a sweatshirt
    WHILE she was sitting up there. I kept my eyes closed when helping her down, thus saving her dignity. She's excellent to work with
    and will try anything you can think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

The b&w is way superior Conor - , the colour could be pumped up a bit, and maybe the background blurred a bit to highlight the model - but its an excellent and original composition

Cheers Baz .

Advertisement