Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing to the new plans

Options
  • 07-04-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

hi guys, i got a wite running on an old linux server plan that uses direct admin, I've got wordpress, awstats, webalizer and squirrelmail on subdomains and existing mailboxes i want preserved.

will any of this be affected by the move to the new plan? all of the new plans seem to be some kind of hybrid of windows and linux services.

is direct admin console still available?
    will all my existing configuration be preserved?
    what additional services are available?
    if things are drastically different, can i simply keep using the old plan?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

It's probably best that you ping the support desk (support@blacknight.com), as they'll be able to tell you precisely what can be moved across and what can't.

The new system is a clustered platform, while the Directadmin system was based on single servers.

One of the many advantages of the new system is that you can mix and match technologies across the same domain, so you could run your site on Linux, but hook into an MS SQL database

HTH

Michele

Advertisement