Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condolence thread; Garda Robert McCallion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Very, very sad :( My heart goes out to his family. What a waste of a young life in such tragic circumstances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Is that the chap that got knocked down by the scumbag? Very sad news. His poor family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

seanybiker wrote: »
    Is that the chap that got knocked down by the scumbag? Very sad news. His poor family
    Nothing short of murder IMO. Time for zero tolerance for crimes like this. It's not about revenge per se, but to set an example and prevent such wanton flouting of basic law and order from happening again. The law needs to grow new teeth and deal with these people :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Truly tragic.My thoughts are with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Nothing short of murder IMO. Time for zero tolerance for crimes like this. It's not about revenge per se, but to set an example and prevent such wanton flouting of basic law and order from happening again. The law needs to grow new teeth and deal with these people :mad:

+ 1.

Sincere sympathy to his family and colleagues. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A sad day indeed for his family and colleagues and my condolences go to all those affected by this tragic event. It wont be much comfort to his loved ones but I do hope that those responsible are incarcerated for whatever the maximum time that can be imposed by the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Very sad to hear that news on the radio this evening. My sincere sympathies to his family. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Sincere Sympathy to his Family, Girlfriend and Collegues.

He was a decent fella and a credit to the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Very sad news indeed. Sincere sympathy for those who must suffer this loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

the type of guy we need more of, wiped out by the type of 'person' we could easily do without.

To the McCallion family, my deepest gratitude, and condolences. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eric buggy

As a father of kids (and YES they are still kids at 29) my heart goes out to the family of this brave young man. I am in constant fear that any of mine would want to join the Garda Siochana in the current times. I look at my guys setting off for the weekend looking forward to the craic a few pints and all the things that Robert should be doing over Easter. May he rest in peace and may the law be decisive where the perpetrators of this hideous and unnecessary crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

From everyone in the Emergency Services forum we are sincerely saddened to hear of Garda McCallions passing.

He stood strong in the face of such mindlessness.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

I too am deeply saddened by what happened.

Can I suggest that people go down to the Garda Station to sign the Book of Condolences there - we need to show our sympathy for Robert's loved ones, and also our support for his colleagues, who put their lives at risk to protect the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Sincere sympathy to robert's family and everybody who was close to him.

My thoughts are with you all, and fond memories of times spent with robert in our teenage years

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Deepest sympathies and condolences to Garda McCallion's family, friends and colleagues.

The man died a hero, in the service of the State and protecting its civilians.

RIP Garda.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

RIP Garda McCallion, you and your family are in my prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

psni wrote: »
    Deepest sympathies and condolences to Garda McCallion's family, friends and colleagues.

The man died a hero, in the service of the State and protecting its civilians.

Its says it all. goodbye robbie, we'll remember you

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

RIP thoughts and prayers are with your family

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill repeat what I said in the ES forum;

I had really hoped he would pull through. Its a sad day when you a hear a member of the Gardai has passed away due to an incident in the line of duty.

May he RIP. My condolences go to his friends, family and to those who worked closely with him especially on the night in question.

Thanks Robert for all the work you have done for the force and for the public. You will be missed and your work is greately appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

eric buggy wrote: »
    As a father of kids (and YES they are still kids at 29) my heart goes out to the family of this brave young man. I am in constant fear that any of mine would want to join the Garda Siochana in the current times. I look at my guys setting off for the weekend looking forward to the craic a few pints and all the things that Robert should be doing over Easter. May he rest in peace and may the law be decisive where the perpetrators of this hideous and unnecessary crime.

As a father I can only agree with the above.

As a Garda I say RIP mate. It's a great job on the good days but the bad days we just never know....

Your family will rightfully be very proud of you in their grief at this awful time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LKY72

Deepest sympathies to Robbie's family, his girlfriend & to his colleagues in Letterkenny. Had met Robbie through work & he really was a credit to both his family and to the force. Feel privileged to have known such a lovely fella. He will be greatly missed. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Condolances to Garda Robert McCallion's family, girlfriend, friends & work colleagues on this tragic and unjustified loss of life while serving the community.

Rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

RIP Garda.
    Please God these people will be punished to the full letter of the law, a shame,a real shame on our society.
    Condolences to all your family and friends,you are in my prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

RIP Robbie and deepest sympathy to your family, friends and colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

RIP robbie, you are the same age as me and we have roughly similar service in an garda siochana, it could have been anyone of us but god always picks the good ones to take away doesn't he.

i can't imagine what your family, friends and colleagues are going through, i know that everyone will rally round to support them because in the weeks, months & years ahead they will need all the support they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Condolences to you, your family, friends and the people of Letterkenny.

This was a ruthless attack on you and the good people you served.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paul larry

we'll miss ya about the place buddy, and in years to come, we'll talk with junior lads about what a great guard and mate u were. u never deserved this but ur a hero now. r.i.p rob:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

May he rest in peace, an absolute tragedy. <SNIP> Without doubt the Gardai don't often get the respect they deserve from us public.

<SNIP>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lucygoosy

RIP Garda Mc Callion,

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

tragic waste of life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JackG

May he rest in peace. Sympathy to his family, friends and members of the force. People in Letterkenny are deelpy saddened that this has happened.
    R.I.P Garda Robert McCallion. Thank you for your service to us.

Advertisement