Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilnaboy 10mile

• 07-04-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Anyone here doing this?
    It'll be my first 10mile race, is it a tough course? Is it all on the road or is there cross country to it aswell?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Hey Pudgey,
    As far as I know, it is all on country road, there's no cross country.
    There are some hills alright though.
    Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

tough course
    a friend of mine ran Ballycotton in 78 mins and on a hard training run ran Kilnaboy in 86mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Won't be making this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

ran this race twice, a few inclines nothing major mostly run on country roads,i ran about 2-3 mins slower than p.b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pudgey22

Cheers for the feedback lads, ran 10miles for the first time today in 93mins,if i can finish Kilnaboy in that time or better ill be happy, best of luck whoever's going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I'm still debating with myself whether to go or not. I've done the other 3 so I want the t-shirt but it's a bit of a trek.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Where exactly is it? And when? (I know google is my friend but it wont tell me if its a pig to get to :))

Head to Ennis. Take the Lahinch rd out of town and take a right for Ballyvaughan about 3 miles outside Ennis. Continue straight through Corofin and Kilnaboy is a couple of miles further on aprox. 20 min drive from Ennis.
    It is on the edge of the Burren.

eliwallach wrote: »
    Won't be making this one.

OH has indicated that a drive to Ennis (+) might be in order for Sunday(?!) for all of us. Therefore, I may well be in a position to participate after all.

Few questions:

Buck has covered the directions.

What time does race begin?

Is there shower/changing facilities?

Where is the race HQ?

Is there registration on the day?

How much is registration?

Is there tea & bikkies after the event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

All the details for Kilnaboy here: http://munsterrunning.blogspot.com/

I'll be doing it alright. Want the t-shirt for the spring series.

• Advertisement

Looks like the traffic expected for the Munster/Ospreys match in Limerick could be the rock that I will perish on.
    Advice on the website recommends that people travelling from Cork area to try and beat the traffic by hitting Limerick City before 11am.
    That would be a 9 - 9:30 start for me (en famile), the journey is long enough without the added hassle of having to leave a copuple of hours earlier.
    We'll see.

Race is at 2pm, no showers etc, no tea only drinks bananas etc, register on the day.
    Big pity about the game , I'm sure it will affect the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

A very well organised race. We were blessed with the great weather. The course was tough but very interesting. Never a dull moment with the spectacular scenery and undulating terrain. I'd definitely recommend it as one of the best 10 miles in the country. Well worth adding to your list for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pudgey22

Really enjoyed the course myself,my first 10mile race,it was tough but i thought from the posts here that the hills would be worse!
    Really well organised alright,much better than any of the fun runs i been on!

Advertisement