Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I switch off the write-protection????

Options
  • 07-04-2009 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey,

I just got a new pc with vista O.S. and I've transfered all my music on to it but when I try to copy the files on to a S.D. card I keep getting the following message;

"The disk is write-protected"
    "Remove the write-protection or use another disc"

I've seached online and nothing has worked. Can any one help and tell me how to switch it off, please!!!!

Looking forward to the answer. :D

Comments

Did you check the switch on the left side of the SD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭freethepenguins

Ya checked and its not locked

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

try in a different pc to verify it's ok

it says the disk otherwise I'd have said reformat as FAT32

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭freethepenguins

tryed the reformat and i still cann't copy stuff on to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

tryed the reformat and i still cann't copy stuff on to it

Try the Panasonic SDFormatter for SD cards and USB. It works well for anything I've thrown at it. Full Erase and Format Size Adjustment. It'll erase anything plugged into a USB port. Not just Panasonic products. I've 'revived' a few items over the years with it.

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

panasonicsdformatter.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement