Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop to the internet though mobile using PC Suite

• 07-04-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Anyone get this working yet ?
    i have the phone-pc suite connection setup ok.
    when i try connect to Meteor using PC Suite it will error out.
    i can put in manual settings but only
    access point: isp.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    pass: isp

no place for the *99#

any ideas ?
    i tried wap.mymeteor.ie with my:wap too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

samhail wrote: »
    Anyone get this working yet ?
    i have the phone-pc suite connection setup ok.
    when i try connect to Meteor using PC Suite it will error out.
    i can put in manual settings but only
    access point: isp.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    pass: isp

no place for the *99#

any ideas ?
    i tried wap.mymeteor.ie with my:wap too

Try data.mymeteor.ie as the APN, as this APN is automatically provisioned on all Meteor customer's accounts. Also, user names and passwords are not required with any of Meteor's APNs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I use it with o2 and an N95. The one thing I've found is that for me it doesn't work over bluetooth but will work via a usb connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Is it any good? Been planning to try with my E71. How does it compare to mobile broadband?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

IIMII wrote: »
    Is it any good? Been planning to try with my E71. How does it compare to mobile broadband?

I'm not too sure how it compares to using the mobile broadband modem because I haven't really used one. I only use it when I can't access my own broadband and it works fine, and the speed seems good.

The N95 (and E71) both have 3G modems so it should be comparable to mobile broadband. Just make sure you have a data addon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Cheers, I do. Must give it a go..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

matrim wrote: »
    I use it with o2 and an N95. The one thing I've found is that for me it doesn't work over bluetooth but will work via a usb connection.

I think i saw somewhere last night that it needed to be connected over a USB connection rather than bluetooth... but to be honest i was too lazy to stay up and go 2m away to get my USB cable.
    Ill try that tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

matrim wrote: »

Perfect! that worked for me. nice one.

Advertisement